4.Daisy

The stars were bright, the sky dark. If I had been alone or the lifeform of Evelyn Monroe did not exist, then it would have been one of the most beautiful things I'd ever seen - there were shooting stars all over the shot, and not a cloud in sight to block the way. The moon was glowing a fiery orange which was reflecting in shots of dark maroon across the sky.

However, beside me was Evelyn dressed all in white and something about her made this sky seem dim, whilst the lights in her eyes glowed on. She made flowers grow in the darkest corners of my mind, and she made me feel like I was drunk when I wasn't. All I could think was that not even a library full of books could begin to explain how beautiful she was in person, let alone I.

"I want to know how the sky looked before the universe was created." Evelyn said.

"How are we to know, that there was anything to look at before then though." I replied.

"So you mean there could have just been...nothing?"

"Technically something should have been required to cause the explosion of the big bang, and scientists guessed it would have been just like the dust of a supernova floating around with matter flying left and right. But, just because they're scientists, doesn't make them right. It's still all just guesswork." I said to her.

"Trippy." Evelyn giggled.

We were sat leaning against the wall of the vent shaft, on top of the roof with one of Evelyn's many blankets under our legs. She shifted and lay her head across my lap as she continued to look at the stars.

"How old were you when you had your first kiss?" Evelyn asked, her breath gliding down my legs to my knees, making me shiver slightly. I prayed that she didn't notice the goose-bumps that laced my skin.

"I wasn't."

"You've never kissed anyone?" She asked; a sound of surprise in her voice. I just didn't say anything. In my head it sounded like no big deal, but out loud I just sounded like ugly - like nobody would want to kiss me. That or all people were aware I was way out of their league so didn't even bother to try; although, I'm going to opt for the first explanation.

"I was nine, and the boy next door picked a daisy for me and tucked it behind my ear. He was a year older than me so I thought he was totally cool, and I told Missy that I was going to marry him. He put his hand on my waist and pecked my lips, told me I tasted like strawberries, then went home. I told myself it was super romantic and waited for the day he would propose to me but he never spoke to me again." Evelyn said.

"Missy was my cat. She died when I was eleven, on Christmas, of all the days. My mum ran her over in her car because she didn't see her, and it was dark, and she was drunk but it's cool because Missy totally went to Heaven, so she'll be dancing about with Beethoven waiting for me to join her." Evelyn continued. When she got tired she tended to ramble, and it made me feel warm and happy inside to hear what she was thinking - or at least some of it.

"I never liked cats, only Missy. Other cats annoyed me and once I spat at one, but I was four so I guess that it's okay. Also my mum had just told me the tooth fairy couldn't afford to stop by for my most recent tooth and I was kind of peed off. Missy wasn't a cat though; she was like my best friend, as stupid as that sounds."

"It's not stupid." I said. "Keep talking."

"What do you want to know?"

"Tell me about something you love." I said.

"I like singing. Not around other people, just on my own, spewing out all this random crap about shit. Like my lyrics will be me commentating what I'm doing in my room or in the shower I'll just combine different things I've heard in songs into one bit. I even use my guitar to write songs if I can't sleep. It's under my bed, with the notebook I write it all in. But I'd never play it to anyone, it's like a guilty secret.

I like not eating for ages to see how long it takes for me to give in and eat again. Also to test the theory that not eating makes you fatter, which I learned is not true. It makes you skinnier, but it also makes you really dizzy and I threw up water like eleven times it was really surreal.

I like running too. I go out for runs at night sometimes, or really early in the morning - like four. I don't like running around people because people suck."