Chapter 5: Help is drawing near

As soon as Scott saw Derek he came rushing towards them.

"What happened!? Stiles!? Is he okay?! Tell me what happened!" Not even a second before Scott had reached Derek and the semi-unconscious Stiles, he was asking so many questions all at once. But then Scott seized his questioning, he saw the arrow that was still sticking out of his best friend. Scott took a step back to get a better look at his injured friend in his alpha's arms.

"Scott. Stiles was attacked by hunters. Three of them. He was shot by an arrow and is still having an asthma attack but he won't respond to his inhaler when I give it to him. I'm taking him to the hospital now. I need you to call John, Scott. Tell him what happened and get him to the hospital as soon as you can." With that, Derek laid Stiles delicately on the back seats of his Camaro. He walked over to the driver's side, got in and drove away.

Scott retrieved his phone from his backpack that was on the floor his bike. He dialed John's number on the screen and then lifted the phone to his ear. He waited a couple of seconds before he spoke.

"John, it's Scott. Somethings happened to Stiles. Get to the hospital as soon as you can. Derek's on his way there now with stiles as we speak... Okay, see you there." He then replace the phone back into his bag and flung it over his shoulders, throwing on his helmet and rode of after his best friend and alpha.

All the way to the hospital Derek was sure he ran several red lights and a couple of stop signs as well. But none of that mattered to Derek at that moment in time. The only thing that really mattered was Stiles. He mattered way more than Derek could describe.

But from what his mother had said to him before she had died had suddenly resurfaced in Derek's mind.

'Having a mate is the best thing that will happen to you. Your mate will make your pack stronger and most importantly, they will make you stronger. They will feel like your whole world.' Talia's face was pure delight, thinking about her mate, Derek's father. But suddenly, her face shifted from one of happiness to one of pain. Her voice now gone of any warmth from before. 'But if you should lose your mate. It's like your whole world just crumbled around you. And you feel like you will die from the inside out. It's the most painful thing in the world.'

But Derek wouldn't let Stiles die. Not now, not ever. And in the distance, the hospital could be seen. With the flashes of red and blue lights.

"Don't worry baby. Everything is going to be okay now." Derek said out loud. It was said to stiles, but it was really there for Derek's sake as well.