Surprise

It's been about a month since Harry and the others came back to Hogwarts, for once in Harry's life. He really didn't want to be there. It is coming up for Sirius' birthday in a few days. But since Harry was currently failing potions, history of magic and charms Snape isn't allowing him to go home for a few days to see him.

He tried to persuade him, but no luck. He told Sirius and he wasn't best pleased. But there's nothing Harry can do. He tried. Hermione is swamped with her N.E.W.T's, so she can't help him.Ron is barely getting by on his own.

He just doesn't know why he agreed to come back. There's only one person he can talk to about this. Harry made his way to Snape's office, he then realized he didn't know the password. Luckily McGonagall walked up behind him and let him in. "Hey, professor?" "What is is Mr Potter?"

He looked up at the moving portrait. "Do you mind if I talk to him for 10 minutes please?" He said gesturing to Dumbledore. "You have five," he said sulking and walking away. "Hey Professor," Harry said smiling, he looked at him in glee. "Harry my boy, what can I do for you?" He didn't mean to do what he did next. It just happened.

"I miss you," He said as he broke down in tears. "Now now Harry, tell me what's bothering you," he said with real sympathy. "I don't know why I agreed to come back here. I was happyish with Padfoot back home. I mean, I only came here to please him"

"Well, I came back to be close to my parents and you. But all I do is miss them, and then I can't concentrate, and when I can't concentrate I fail classes. And when I fail classes, I don't get to go home and see Sirius. There is no point in me being here anymore" He said looking down at the floor.

He slowly walked back against the wall and slowly slid down it. He looked at him in despair. "Harry, this is your home away from home. You have every point in being here. Have you ever thought that you never came back to be closer to your parents, you came back for another reason?" He asked him with pity in his eyes.

"What do you mean professor?" Harry asked. "Well, here is where you lost a lot of friends, do you ever think. You came back because you felt like you owed it to them? To do what they never got the chance to go. And that is distracting you from your studies?" Dumbledore asked sullenly. 

He supposed it did make sense. "Yeah, maybe I mean I suppose, It doesn't help your best friend, roomed Ron up with Malfoy, and Ron would do something he would further regret is he roomed with Malfoy. So now I am," he said with hatred.

"Harry, Professor Snape knows what he's doing. He wouldn't have made you roommates if he thought it would affect your studies," he said looking at the young boy. "Come on Professor, Snape hates me. We both know that we've known that since my first year. The moment he lay eyes on my in the great hall," he chuckled ever so slightly.

"Oh on the contrary my friend, he doesn't hate you. He cares for you a great deal, even if he doesn't show it. Now, tell McGonagall you need a tutor and she will help you with that. Tell her I told you this, she will know exactly who I mean," Dumbledore said mysteriously. 

"Okay, sir. Say hello to my parents for me please sir? I miss you, you know that right?" Harry said biting back the second wave of tears that threatened to spill.  "Of course my dear boy. And I you," he said smiling as Snape walked back up into the room.

"Times up Potter. Out," he said. "Wait, sir. Do you know where McGonagall is?" Harry asked walking towards the door.  "Her office," he said without looking around. Harry thought he better leave now. And with that, he was away.

***

Harry spoke to McGonagall about the tutoring thing and she said she would set it up. He tried to ask who but she told him, he would know in due course. It had been two days since then. It's officially Sirius' birthday. Harry had thought about skipping his potions lesson and going to see him but he was failing potions as it is.

He was sitting at breakfast while Ron and Hermione were talking about something that Seamus had blown up. "Harry, are you listening?" Hermione huffed. "Yes 'Moine," Harry whined back.  "No you weren't mate," Ron said as Harry looked at him.

"Oh whatever, I'm away," Harry said rolling his eyes before standing up, as he did he looked at the familiar figure leaning against the great hall doors. "Sirius!" Harry shouted as he ran towards his godfather wrapping his arms around him like that would be the last time he would ever see him.

"We were trying to tell you that mate," Harry heard Ron shout after Harry but he didn't care right now. "Aw, looks like Potters got a friend," the voice Harry oh so hated said as he pulled away hastily from Sirius and looked at him.

"Shut up Malfoy," Harry spat with such hatred. He wasn't allowing him to ruin this for him. "I don't think I've had the pleasure yet Harry. Sirius Black," he said sticking his hand out to Malfoy. "Draco Malfoy," He said walking away without shaking Sirius' hand.

"We need to catch up! How did you get here? When? Why?" Harry said confused but so happy. "May we?" Sirius said pointing towards the tables. He nodded walking back up towards Ron and Hermione. "You hungry?" He asked him. He just simply nodded while sitting down. "Wow, it's been a while since I last sat at one of these," he said laughing while saying hello to Ron and 'Mione.

"Well, Moony owl'd me saying you have been told you weren't allowed out for my birthday and thought it would be a good idea if I came up and seen you instead. All that matters is I get to spend the day with you" he said while eating a piece of toast.

"Mr Black, the headmaster has requested to see you," McGonagall said from behind them. "Well, that's definitely not the first time I've heard that," Sirius said winking at Harry.  Wait. "Padfoot. Who knows you're here? Did you get permission from Snape?" He just looked down at the raven haired boy and smirked.

He just chuckled a little. "So wait how did you get in? In fact, doesn't matter Padfoot," he said realising he had snuck in using his animagus. "Go up to your room and I'll come and find you," he said to Harry and smiled. He nodded in agreement and started making his way there. He had a feeling today isn't going to go exactly to plan.