Chapter 6

- Mathew -

I waited in the police station for Kenji's mom to come and bail me out. I was with my dad for a while, he said he had a steady job and I thought things were going well but after a month of being with him, people started to know who I was. My dad had no job, and he had no where to live, he bet all our money on a poker game and we lost everything.

We went into hiding for months after my dad took off with all the money he stole but my dad's so called friends found us, they beat the shit out of us and took everything we had, I went to the find them, talk some sense into them, tell them it was a mistake but got more then I bargained for. I got arrested and my dad took off leaving me behind being the coward he is.

When I got to the station the officer told me I had one phone call so the only person I knew to call was Larissa. When she gave me the letter my dad sent me, she told me I would always have a home there, I hope she meant it when she said that so I took my chances and called her.

When she arrived she was taken to another room to talk with the officer, I'm guessing to ask her if she really wanted to pay for my bail. After she came back she told me she was taking me home and to get my stuff. I still can't believe she came here for me after I left them, and after everything they did for me.

Larissa paid my bail which ended up being $350 worth, she told me my room and job was still there for me if I wanted it and of course I did. I told her I would pay her back but she said I didn't have to worry.

But I did worry. I was afraid to go back with her, I was afraid to see Kenji, after just leaving him like that, what will he say when he see's me again? He probably hates me for what I did and I can't blame him, it was stupid of me, to actually think my father had changed. I should have Known he didn't but I was just holding onto that little bit of hope that he did.

The long drive from Toronto back home felt like a century, my anxiety was over the roof and I knew Larissa could sense it to. I couldn't sit still, I was always fidgeting with my fingers or picking at my nails. I dont know why I'm so nervous, I never get like this about anything. I know seeing Kenji is part of the problem but why is it effecting me so bad.

Maybe because, I could never stop thinking about him and the fear he doesn't want me back is taking over me. I loved Kenji, and I still do. He was the first person the first boy I truly fell in love with and I ruined it.

When we drove up the drive way I felt my stomach drop. My nerves worsened and I felt the sickly feeling like I might throw up. I saw two figures of people sitting on the bench outside on the front porch but it was to dark to make out who they were.

I was glad to be back, I was glad to know I had Larissa there for me and I want to get back to work but will Kenji be happy to see me?

When we got out of the the truck I heard a familiar voice.

"Mom where have you been I was about to go looking." I saw Kenji get up from the bench and walk over, but the minuet his eyes locked on mine he froze. The most heart wrenching look took over his face. "Why did you bring him here."

Those words tore me apart.