Chapter 11

- Kenji -

When I drove in from school I noticed a dapple grey gelding was grazing in our front field. He was gorgeous none the less but where did he come from? Unaware of whose horse it was I went to find my mom, maybe we got a new boarder? Great just means more work for me on top of school and my job.

For being a privet run barn we have more of other peoples horses here then we have our own.

I saw my mom walk out from the stable with Drake, I shut the ignition off in my car and ran up to them to get answers on where that horse came from.

"Perfect your back." My mom said when I approached them.

"Umm whose horse?"

My mom looked over at Drake with a grin and he to was giving me a smirk. "He's yours." She said to me.

I kinda just stared at them bewildered. Did she just say what I think she said?

"He was supposed to be here on Friday for your birthday but he's a couple days late I hope you don't mind."

"You got me a horse for my birthday." A huge smile took over my shocked face. I mean, how often do you get to say you got a horse as a birthday gift.

"His name is Ghost, he's a warmblood gelding and is exceptional at jumping. I know you have been training for the Fall Finale and it was time you got a more experience level horse. I think he can take you all way."

"Oh my god this is amazing, thank you!" I gave her a huge hug still grinning ear to ear trying to hold back from screaming and jumping with excitement.

"Drake did help me of course, I think your gonna like him." She said as she hugged me back. I gave Drake a bug hug ad well. I'm like a little kid with a new toy, I know.

This was definitely a great present to come home to. I was super excited to have a new horse to work with and I couldn't wait to see how he is over some jumps.

"His tack is in the barn, go take him for a ride." My mom handed me a blue lead rope and with out any hesitation I grabbed the rope and shoved my back pack into to Drake's chest and quickly ran to the pasture to get Ghost.

I clipped a lead rope to his black leather halter and walked him to the barn. He was a gorgeous horse, his long mane rested perfectly along side his neck and his forelock brushed to one side of his face showing off his facial markings. He was a big horse too, probably about 17 hands a lot taller then Shaymin.

I clipped the cross ties to his halter and started to groom him.

"Fancy horse, yours right?" I turned to see Mathew walking in from the back doors of the barn, a lead rope in his hand. He must be turning out the horses but I didn't say anything to him. "I heard he was a birthday gift."

Still ignoring him I went to the other side of Ghost and continued to groom him. Mathew then, instead went over to another stall and lead a horse out, looking over to see it was Shaymin. "Hows this guy doing?" He questioned me, in an attempt to make small talk.

"He's fine."

"Well he looks great."

I glanced over to him. "Why wouldn't he be?" I questioned in a more ruder tone then I intended.

I saw his smile start to fade. "I was just asking."

I threw my curry comb into my grooming kit and grabbed a soft brush. "Great." I replied, again showing I could care less.

"Looks like your not the only one whose been replaced." I heard Mathew say to Shaymin before walking him out of the barn.

I sighed.

I'm not going to let him get to me, thats exactly what he's trying to do. Get into my head, play the guilt trick. Im not going to take part in any of his stupid games.

I just have to try and forget he even exists.

But I don't think I can.

[The horse is Ghost]