Chapter Thirteen

• Dedicated to My sister, a little Toshiro-OBSESSED girl :D

RECAP:

I chuckled to myself. She’s such a silly girl.

Too bad she’ll be nearly killed tonight.

_______________________________________________

The thought brought me down a bit, but I kept my head high. It’ll all work out; I don’t need to worry, Ichigo’ll take care of it. He and Rukia.

I decided that it was just about time to go home, so I purchased the latest copy of Black Bird (A/N: a manga I highly recommend if you’re into romance…and Tengus) and headed out, mentally mapping out my way home.

On the way back to the house, I passed a park, where I saw Rukia training Ichigo on hitting hollows directly in the head. I smiled. Best not to interfere.

I continued home.

“WELCOME HOME~~~!” Isshin sang as I entered the door, and I smiled wide.

“GOOD TO BE~~~HOME~~~!”

We both laughed at our stupidity.

“So whatcha doing, Isshin?”

“Nothing, except for waiting for Ichigo to get back so I can test his strength!”

I laughed. “You really like beating him up, don’t you?”

“HECK YEAH I DO! A BOY NEEDS TO BE HIT EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE, TO MAKE HIM A TOUGH MAN!”

I laughed some more. “Okay, you have fun with your wacky parenting style.”

“I WILL!”

I chuckled and went into our bedroom, where I found Tara drawing on a scrap piece of paper. I peeked over her shoulder to see what she was drawing. My eyes felt like they were burning.

The picture was of that bastard Ichigo.

“Oh my God, Tara!” I said. “You guys spent one night together and you’re already smitten?”

She looked up at me, scared. “God, you freaked me out, Adel! When did you get in here?”

“About thirty seconds ago, retard. Now answer my question. You’re already THAT smitten?”

She looked down at her freakily good sketch and smiled sadly. “Yeah,” she sighed. “But he’s really great. I’m totally smitten.”

“URGH!!” I said. (A/N: Okay, right now I imagine Adel ranting kinda like how Lucy from Peanuts would rant. So there‘s a reference to her movement.) “What happened to women’s suffrage? What happened to female independence? Can’t a girl get along without a man in the picture? Ugh, what’s happening to this world?!”

Tara put a hand on my shoulder. “It’s not like I’m becoming his slave or anything! I just like him…a lot….” she blushed.

“A lot, huh?” a new voice asked. I laughed my head off at Tara’s embarassment as she seriously confessed to Ichigo.

He came into the room, ignoring me, and whispered something in her ear. She blushed some more and giggled, letting him grab her hand and lead her to God knows where.

As they left, Babs entered. She eyed them suspiciously as they exited the room. A questioning look was sent my way.

I sighed. “She’s totally taken with him.” I even face-palmed a bit.

“Already?” Babs asked. “Dang, she sure got with him quick.” She snapped her fingers on the word quick.

“Yeah….” I scratched my head, thinking deeply. “I dunno what we’re gonna do; she’s going through the first-boyfriend craze.”