Chapter Twenty-Three

• Dedicated to BVB, anyone?

…wait, my SKIRT WAS UP?!?!?!?

Noticing my unkempt state, I quickly punched Keigo in the face and flipped him off of me. “What the hell, Keigo?!” I shrieked. “God, you’re such a perv! Freaking asshole!”

He landed strait on his butt. “Gosh, Adel,” he said, grinning childishly and rubbing the back of his head. “It was just a joke; chill out.”

I was fuming. It was one thing to push me down, but it was a whole other story to show my underwear to the class! I knew it was unintentional, but still! Total sexual harassment!

“It’s okay, Adel,” Tatsuki said, putting a hand on my shoulder in a gesture of support. “I think he’s an idiot, too.”

I smiled, turning my head to look at her. “Thanks, Tatsuki.” I turned to Keigo. “And, just out of curiosity, why did you want to know what my sex hair looked like?”

His face reddened immensely. “No…particular reason….”  

“Tch,” I scoffed at him. “Freaking moron.” 

There was a few moments of silence before I remembered who was behind me. 

“Oh!” I said, stepping to the side and gesturing to Takeshi. “Guys, we have a new kid! This is Takeshi Fujimoto! Takeshi, this is everybody!”

Their eyes widened a bit at the mention of another new kid. 

Keigo was the first to make an observation. “So,” he said, standing up and looking Takeshi over. “You’re already all cozy with our buddy, Adel.” He glared Takeshi strait in th eye. “Any hidden intentions behind that?”

“Huh?” Takeshi blushed deeply. “N-no, none at all! We just met!”

I hit Keigo again, knocking him down. “Stop being such a retard, Keigo. Of course Takeshi doesn’t have any ‘hidden intentions;’ he’s actually a good guy, unlike you.”

Keigo stuck his tongue out at me childishly, got up, and pouted away, mumbling something unintelligible under his breath. I scoffed at him. What a freaking idiot.

I turned to Takeshi, who had a dumbstruck look on his face. 

“Uh,” he said awkwardly. “Is it always like this?”

I sighed. “Pretty much. Don’t worry about it though; you’ll get used to it.” I advanced deeper into the classroom; we were still standing at the door.

Sitting in my seat, I sighed. Takeshi was just standing there stiffly, unsure of what to do.

“Look,” I said, motioning to the seat in front of me. “Sit here until someone fills it. Ochi Sensei’ll give you a new seat. And relax. I did not meet this nervous wimp on the street; this nervous wimp didn’t save me. Now buck up, buddy, or else you’ll be eaten alive. This place is like a shark tank, and you’re the little sea lion. Keep sharp.”

He sat down and seemed to ponder for a second, but returned to his normal, wolf-like grin. “Okay, whatever you say.”

We continued talking, and quickly people in class started to flock around us. All my friends were introduced to Takeshi and we all started our usual, casually silly, pointless jabber as if nothing was new, as if noone was new, and as if we had all grown up together.

Suddenly, the door was slammed open, revealing a panting Ichigo. 

My eyes widened. Crap, I thought, he came sooner than expected. And I really wanted to put these upcoming events off as much as possible….

“Hey,” Keigo said hesitantly, surprised at Ichigo’s sudden, extreme entrance. 

“Hey,” Mizuiro said cheerily, ignoring his friend’s obvious stress. “What’s up, Ichigo? You got here just in time…”