Chapter Thirty-Seven

We went back down to the bottom of the building. Kanonji was swarmed by fans, so through the chaos it was easy for Ichigo to slip back into his body and for us to get back to our friends?

When we got back Adel was livid. “What the hell was that, Tara?” She mock-slapped the back of my head. “You could’ve gotten killed!”

I just grinned and hugged her. “It’s okay, I’m fine.”

“Still!” she steamed a bit more before relaxing and hugging me back. “Just don’t be such an idiot. You know I can’t fully trust that moron of a boyfriend you have to make sure you’re safe.”

“Hey!” Ichigo exclaimed, obviously a bit offended. “I did just a fine job, thank you very much!”

“Oh, really?!” 

They continued on their normal arguing tangent and I laughed--I had such morons for friends. 

“What’re you laughing at?” Adel asked, interrupting their fight.

“Nothing,” I chuckled, wiping a tear from the corner of my eye. I threw one arm around Adel’s shoulders, one around Ichigo’s waist. “I just have such idiots for friends.”

Needless to say, I’d never slept better in my life that night. 

Adel’S POV

“Completely…unbelievable!” Kagine-Sensei, one of the Gym coaches, yelled. “Do you kids realize what you’ve done?” He flipped a switch on a remote he was holding and a clip of Ichigo pushing past guards popped up on the projector. “This TV broadcast last night was spread nationally!! Filmed in our town!!!” He leaned forward and got right in Kurosaki’s face. “Well, Ichigo? What do you have to say for yourself?”

Like an idiot, Kurosaki took the “wise” option and tried to make a joke out of it. “Well…he looks a lot like me….”

“His is you, moron! There’s no question about it!”

“Are you kidding me? I’d never act that way! That’s my long lost twin brother, Shiro. It’s so sad, I never thought I’d see him again.”

A vein popped up in Sensei’s forehead. “You really enjoy being a smartass, don’t you? You know how much shame you and your friends have brought upon Karakura High? Our reputation is slaughtered!”

“Kagine-Sensei?” Tatsuki said, raising her hand. 

“What, Arisawa?”

“I get how Ichigo, Rukia, Tara, and everyone else is here. They were on screen. But why are Orihime and I here?”

“You were with them, weren’t you?”

“No!” she said bluntly. “That was just a coincidence! Their behavior had nothing to do with us!”

“Ch-” I said, “thanks a lot, Tatsuki. I feel the friendship.”

She smirked, understanding my sarcastic tone. She turned back to Sensei. “Well, if that’s it, we’re gonna go back to class.” With that O-chan and Tatsuki discreetly left the room. 

“Back to what I was saying,” Sensei said, grabbing Keigo and Kurosaki by their collars, “it’s disrespectful to the school that you two would--”

“I’m sorry…” Babs said, making a super-sad face. She tilted her head down in shame. “This all happened because I couldn’t stop them. If I’d been stronger and held them back more, maybe they wouldn’t have made such a ruckus. I’m sorry, Sensei….” She sniffled and pulled out a hankerchief from her pocket, pretending to wipe her nose.