Chapter Twenty-Six

• Присвячено Adriana Figueroa

Rukia was hit hard all over her torso. She quickly dropped to the ground a bloody mess.

“New girl!” Chad cried. He rushed back to her side and looked questioningly. “What did that?”

Oh yeah, I thought. He can’t see what’s going on.

Rukia only responded with a pained grunt. 

“Ha ha!” the Hollow yelled proudly. “Surprised, Soul Reaper!? They’re little bombs! They’re triggered by the sound my tongue makes!!” He looked to the sky, as if he was some almighty King. “You thought flying was my big trick, huh?” he looked disgusted and elated at the same time, something I didn’t even think possible. “You Shinigami are pathetic!!” he laughed. 

“Grr…” Rukia, obviously frustrated, muttered. “Chad!”

“Hey, Gorilla,” the Hollow interrupted, turning to our big Mexican hero. (A/N: Sorry, just had to type that as it popped into my head.) “Here’s something I think you’ll want.” He moved to the side, only to reveal one of his minions plastered to Yûichi’s birdcage.

“Yûichi!” I called, starting to regain my strength. I mean, I know I only took one hit, but a head-bleed’s serious, especially since I’m human. My wound had closed up for the most part and had stopped bleeding. I stood up and took a step. “Let him go!” I screamed. 

“Sorry,” Yûichi said, looking down in shame. “…He caught me.”

Time seemed to freeze (A/N: freeze tag!) as Yûichi, nothing but a small boy of eight (probably), said something like that, as if it was his job to carry the weight of the world and we were now hurdling towards the sun. 

“That’s right, lummox!”  the Hollow said deliciously, as if he were slowly tasting every word like it was edible gold. (A/N: lummox means a clumsy, stupid person.) “Heh heh! You’re not as dumb as you look! C’mon!!” he turned to Rukia. “Now it’s your turn, Soul Reaper!!”

And following that, I heard something that made me want to vomit everything currently in my body. 

“Run for me!! Let me have the pleasure of chasing you down!”

I felt sick. This…thing…took pleasure in the hunt, in the fear of prey. Other’s distress and pain brought him intense joy. Just what the hell kind of monster were we dealing with!?

“Don’t move!” Rukia warned. “If you take one step, he’ll blow up the bird!”

“But…” Chad said, pained. “New girl, you’re…”

“Don’t worry about me!” she halfway smiled. “I promise…I’ll kick his butt!”

I grinned, now nearly recovered. “Yeah!” I called. “I’ll help, Rukia!”

“No, Adel!” she yelled. “It’s too--”

“TOO LATE!!” I said immaturely, starting to ru . I jumped around, dodging the minis the Hollow was tossing my way. I was doing pretty well until one caught my by surprise, coating me with leeches. I fell to the ground knees-first.

“Aha!” the Hollow popped up form behind me, almost making me shit myself (not really, that’d be disgusting X( ). He whipped his tongue out and before I could do anything I was covered in blood, the epicenters of my wounds now exposed from the secreted leeche’s explosive attacks. I wasn’t really sure of what to do at that point, with blood heavily coating my arm and face. So I moved entirely on instinct:

I ran. 

The Hollow laughed sadistically. “Watching you run away dripping blood really gets me off!!” He chucked a mini at me lightning-fast as I ran, but thankfully it crashed into a telephone pole near me. I sighed in relief, but kept sprinting. 

“How far can you go!?” he taunted, trying to get me to stop and react. It was everything in me not to stop and cuss his sick ass out. 

“But you don’t HAVE to run!” he wailed joyously. “You could attack!”

With that line and a flash of orange, a sudden idea popped into my head. I stopped suddenly, my shoes squeaking loudly on the asphalt below me. I stood still, waiting for my plan to unfold.

“Huh?” he whined childishly, making me want to spit at the very sound of the beasts voice.

“I’m not giving up,” I said stiffly, facing my back to him. “There’s just no reason for me to run now.” He mumbled something unintelligible, and I (wisely) decided to ignore his incessant tantrums. “You said I could attack. So I’ll take that suggestion!”

“Whaddya…ugh!” he screeched as a foot roughly dented his head-mask-thingy.

And that particular foot belonged to my favorite ginger….

You guessed it: Kurosaki.

________________________

Tra-LA-LA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, guys!!! NEW CHAP!!!

And I'd like to thank you guys for being the BEST FANS/READERS EVAR!!!

...so can you do me a favor?

As some of you may know (or can obviously tell by looking at my library) I am a HUGE Tom Felton fangirl. Yeah, yeah...bad guys are more interesting, right? I mean really, who would YOU pick: Ulquiorra or Old Man Yama? Yeah, I THOUGHT so. 

So...could you guys vote for him in the PCAs (People's Choice Awards)? I'm gonna give a link for you to start at the beginning, so you can vote for movies, music and such. THANKS!!! (if he wins I'll post another mini-chap or OOC!!!)

Bye~~~

LINK TO VOTE: http://www.peopleschoice.com/pca/nominations/vote.jsp