Chapter Thirty-One

“A-CHAN!!!” Isshin called. “SOME BOY’S WAITING FOR YOU OUTSIDE THE DOOR!!!”

“OKAY!! BE DOWN IN A MINUTE!!!” I yelled, my voice somewhat muffled from the hair tie between my teeth. I was just finishing getting ready for school and was trying to finish pulling my hair into a ponytail. As I finished I grabbed my schoolbag and rushed downstairs to the front door. And there waiting for me was…Takeshi?

“Hey, man.” I said. “Sorry for making you wait, just gimme a sec.”

“Sure,” he smiled, looking a bit surprised. “No biggie.”

“Thanks,” I said, grinning happily. I turned to Isshin. “Hey, what’s the date?” I said subconciously. Before I could process my thoughts I’d said it.

Isshin’s head popped up from the morning paper he was examining. “Oh, it’s June sixteenth. Why?”

“Oh, no reason,” I mused. Wow…it’s tomorrow, I thought somberly. Who would’ve thought it’d come this soon.

I quickly kissed the twins on the cheek in goodbye and waved to everyone else as I departed with Takeshi towards school. 

“You know,” I said. “I feel bad. I really should let you meet Tara and Babs; I keep dumping them for you on the way to school.”

He looked shocked. “Oh,” he said, throwing his hands up in surrender. “Don’t feel like you need to do that; don’t leave your friends on my behalf.” He looked honestly worried, a strangely amusing expression.

I laughed. “Don’t worry about it. I’ve already told them about you; they understand why I’m walking with you. And plus, it’s always fun to have a GBF.”

“GBF?” he asked curiously.

“Gay Best Friend, duh!!” I said excitedly. “I think we’ve been over this; you need to pay more attention, buddy.” I patted his back in mock sympathy. But I suddenly had a realization. “Hey, Takeshi?”

“Yeah?”

“How the hell’d you know where I lived?”

He blushed deeply. “Well, I actually came there--”

“CUZ YOU KNEW ICHIGO WAS THERE!!” I shouted. He quickly covered my mouth.

“Yeah, but don’t shout it to the whole damn town!!” He gave me a second to calm down but eventually removed his hand. I spit at the distasteful flavor of his epidermis; it tasted like sweat and Sharpie. 

I smirked. “So you came to see if Ichigo would walk with you?”

He blushed again. “Um…yeah….”

“AAH~” I fangirled. “So kawaii~…but you know, he has girlfriend. He’s madly in love with my friend Tara. So you might wanna find another guy to want.”

“Wait…he’s strait?!” Takeshi looked genuinely surprised.

My face puffed up and turned red, until I could hold it no longer and burst into happy tears. “YEAH!! He’s strait as a ruler!! Oh Jesus, that’s amazing!!” I wiped some tears away. “That’s just classic; I could listen to that all day….”

“Don’t make fun of me!” he started. “I’m just surprised that he’s not gay!”

“No,” I coughed out. I had to hold onto his shoulder and bend down to catch my breath. “Don’t get me wrong; I wasn’t making fun of you. It’s just hilarious that someone believed he was gay. I mean, I give him shit all the time about it, making fun of him and stuff. But to think someone would actually think that…it’s just hilarious!”