chapter seven

Chapter seven

Stef’s POV

I saw my mom and Nate in my bed room putting cloths away. “You think she’ll like it?” Nate asked mom. “She’ll love it.” she assured him. “love what?” Nate slammed the dresser drawer shut on his hand in surprise. I ran over to him as he cursed holding his hurt hand with his good one. “the room.” he said through gritted teeth as my mom handed him a thing of ice. He hissed in pain putting the ice on his hand. I kissed his cheek. “I’m sorry about your hand.” I said and he sighed pulling me closer. “and I love the room. thanks. And I’m sure dad would have killed you tonight so it’s a good thing this is done and we can spend our first night together in it.” I said hugging his waist he kissed my forehead as I lead him out to the back yard where Andy was.

He ended up getting his hand wrapped up luckily, it wasn’t broken. We sat down as people got ready for the bonfire. Alex tossed Nate a paper bag holding in his smile. Nate looked inside and threw it back at his face. “You need it more than I do man.” He said making Alex’s face go blank as max asked what it was. He stuttered and walked away not coming up with a good enough excuse. “What where they?” I asked Nate. “Condoms.” He whispered in my ear. I shuddered a little. I’m not ready at all. And besides I’m saving myself for marriage. I saw Nate smile at me. he took my hand. *I know you’re not ready angel. I’ll wait as long as you want.* he told me I smiled at him and kissed him lightly on the lips. He took my cell and programmed his new number in and set a ringtone for it. I looked and saw it was Sexting by Blood On The Dance Floor. I smacked him as he laughed at me. he kept laughing so I pushed him off the table we were sitting on. dad laughed at him. “Get used to it. you’ve got it your entire life to look forward to.” Dad said and I ran up and hugged him. dad was okay with us being mates. he smiled and hugged me back. “Remember if he hurts you ever let me know and I’ll kill him for you.” he promised I laughed and kissed his cheek. “I’ll be fine.” I whispered and went back to Nate and sat next to him.

Nate’s POV

I woke up as Stef got out of bed. “What’s wrong?” I asked her. “nothing just bathroom break.” She said heading for the bathroom. I sighed and got out of bed looking for a tee shirt. I saw a grey vee neck and pulled it on. I walked out to the kitchen and made breakfast. Stef ran out of the bathroom screaming. I pulled her into my arms. “What’s Wrong?!” I asked her. “Spider!” she gasped. I sighed. I recently found out she was deathly afraid of spiders. I walked into the bathroom and froze. A huge wolf spider was in the shower. “Okay uh.” I said looking for something to kill it with. And decided to turn on the shower as Stef looked in waiting for me to give her the all clear after it went down the drain I turned the water off and pulled Stef in. she looked in the shower and sighed. “I’m going to make sure the bacon isn’t burning. Take a shower. Calm down and breakfast will be ready when you’re done.” I told her and she nodded. I sighed walking out to the kitchen.  She’s scared of spiders and snakes. That’s it really.

Stef’s POV

I walked into the kitchen and saw Nate eating bacon and eggs for breakfast. He pushed a plate to the empty seat next to him and I sat next to him. “I’m taking you to and from school today. Your dad has a meeting so your class will have a sub.” He told me I nodded and headed ate my breakfast.

He dropped me off for school and left as soon as I was next to max. “What’s up with him?” she asked me. “Who knows.” I sighed. “I barely know anything about him. tonight I’m planning on ambushing him so we can learn more about each other. I mean I don’t want to spend my whole life only knowing he loves me. His favorite color is green. His parents are dead. He has one friend.” “And he can read people really well. with one look he can tell you your entire personality.” max reminded me “true.” I agreed with her. “It’s kinda creepy.” Seth said as he passed us. “Were you listening in?” I asked him. “Yhea.” he shrugged. “I’m going to get you!” I yelled and chased him. he laughed running away.

When Nate picked me up he had a news paper in my seat. I smiled. “Got bored waiting for me?” I asked him joking. “No I’m looking for a job.” He said as I turned off the radio. “Well maybe I can help what are you qualified for?” I asked him. “Well not much. I just passed high school. Never finished college. The only thing in there I’m interested in is as your high school janitor.” He said and I sighed. “That’s good I guess. You can take night classes to finish your degree.” I told him he laughed. “Yhea. I guess. But not while you’re in danger.” He said and I smiled at him. “Fair enough. Soon as Kyra’s taken care of you go back to finish your degree to be?” I asked him. “A doctor.” He told me. I looked him over. “Sexy. Smart. And a doctor.” I joked he went bright red. “My mother wanted me to be a doctor.” He told me. I smiled and hugged him lightly. “Aww!” he kissed my cheek lightly at a stop light. I smiled at him. “What else don’t I know about you?” I asked him. “Well it took me six tries to get my license. I have ADHD. I love to read scary stories to Alex as he sleeps because he usually ends up having a nightmare and wets the bed.” He told me making me laugh and texted max to do that to him when they move in together. “You?” he asked me. “Well. I want to be a photographer. I got my license on the first try. I like to blame things on my dad and sometimes my mother will go at him with her base ball bat for it. uh and when I get married I want it to be at the lake.” I told him. he smiled. “I’ll keep that in mind.” he said and I smiled at him.

 You don't get to see the ring until she dose!