chapter twenty six!

Chapter twenty-six

Nate’s POV

I woke up and saw Stef snoring beside me. when did she crash? I groaned and checked my phone. “Shit.” I muttered and ran down stairs sighing in relief when I saw Ryder with Anna. He rolled his eyes. “I went to get her I sent you a text.” He explained. Anna’s last day of pre k before winter break. I heard Stef scream and ran to our room.

she was crying when I reached her I ran into an invisible wall as I reached the door. I pounded on the invisible wall suddenly it fell and I ran to Stef.  Ryder collapsed next to me Ryan tended to him as I checked Stef who clung to me. “What wrong?” I asked her as I rocked her back and forth. “Nightmare.” She whispered.  “tell me.” I said running a hand through her hair. “I let her kill them.” she cried holding me. “let who kill who?” I asked her. “I let jasmine kill our children.” She said looking me in the eyes tears rolling down her cheeks I wiped them from her face with my thumbs and them kissed her forehead. “Angel. you okay the babies are fine.”  I told her she closed her eyes and whimpered. “It felt so real.” I held her and kissed her hair. “It’s okay. It wasn’t real. It was just a nightmare.”

I walked into Scott’s office. “How’s Stef?” he asked worried. “fine. She’s sleeping right now. the force field around the room do you have any idea how that got there?” I asked him. “A theory I’m not ready to share.” He told me I nodded and headed for the door. “Ryder collapsed earlier. Is he okay?” I asked him. “I had no idea he fell I’ll find out.”  he told me I nodded and walked out.

I paced in the living room after remembering today’s date. My birthday. Alex walked in and tossed me a wrapped box. “happy birthday!” he yelled I shushed him looking at my room I heard Stef shift and continue sleeping. I shook the box and opened it. it was a silver switchblade. I opened it and smiled weakly.  It had my name on one side and Stef’s on the other. I stuffed it in my pocket and he handed me a cupcake. “dose she know?” he asked me. “No. I haven’t told. And you know they’ll be coming soon.” I told him he shook his head. “You have to face them eventually.” He told me I nodded and sighed as my cell rang. “
Um Seth lost his memory and is pregnant. Have you ever seen this before?” Andy asked me. “Once. I delivered the baby. Healthy baby girl.” Alex shivered next to me. “I’ll be right there.” Stef walked over to me. “What’s up?” she asked me. “Andy needs me.” I told her she nodded pulling her sneakers on. I froze. “I heard Seth’s name. my best friend.” She said glaring at me I nodded.

Stef’s POV

I sat with my brother as he explained everything to me. “Rayne honey it’ll be okay he’ll remember.” I said hugging my brother. “Then you’ll raise your baby together.” I told him he smiled weakly. “Seth will be a mommy in no time.” I giggled. My brother cracked a smile. “hope he doesn’t get boobs. Never have liked those.” He joked. I smiled hugging him. “Everything will be fine.” I promised. “can I see him?” I asked Rayne. He nodded.

“Hey.” Whispered seeing him he looked like he was trying to remember me. “You think they’ll be best friends too?” I asked him pointing to our stomachs. He smiled. “I wish I could remember.” He said as I crawled in beside him. I laughed. “It’s okay. It’s only temporary.” I told him he smiled at me and hugged me. As we laid there he asked me a few questions. Smiling he kissed my forehead as I was falling asleep. Nate walked in and picked me up. “’ll come by your place tomorrow.” I told him he nodded and hugged me real fast.

“So what’s up with you?” I asked Nate as he laid in our bed watching me do my homework. “Nothing.” he lied. I raised an eye brow and glared. “it’s my birthday. And I’m not too fond of my birthday. It’s also the day my parents died.” He told me I saw tears fall from his eyes. “Oh Nate why didn’t you tell me?” I asked him. I said pulling him out of bed. “Come on. Alex told me that your parents died on your birthday. So I made something.” I told him.

“The hall of the fallen.” He said reading the words carved onto the hall door. we were at the original pack house. I smiled at my grandparents as they waved to us. “what’s this?” he asked me. “Fallen wolves. Our records hall.” I told him dragging him in I pulled him over to the two newest pictures on the wall. He gasped looking them over. his parents. “Alex gave me the pictures.” I told him he pulled me into his arms and kissed me. “Thank you. they weren’t even part of your pack.” he said I smiled at him. “No but their son is my mate. that makes them part of the pack in my mind. and I am alpha.” I told him he smiled and held me close looking at them.