Chapter 7.

10 days later...

Last 10 days were fun, I was like a tourist in this town, Laura spent a lot of time with me, just showing me around. We got really close, she is like a sister to me now.

I got used to waking up in new room, and living in new house. I like it here, but damn, I miss Miami so much. But one thing that I hate mostly, none of my friends called to see how I'm doing. I mean seriously, they forgot about me after only 10 or more days?! It's not fair.. Amanda was the only one who called, but I knew that she would. I called my other friends, they never picked up. If they don't call me this week, or if they don't answer their phone when I call, that's it, I'm not calling them, I don't care. That will only prove that they never were true friends.

Speaking of friends, I met this girl, Natalie, she lives in our neighborhood, I like her, we went out few times, she is nice. She is 17 too.

And the main thing.. Martijn.
He barely spoke with me these days, I barely even saw him. He would go in his room and he wouldn't come out the whole day. I don't understand that at all, how can he spend the whole day in his room, I would go crazy if I had to do what he does.

Right now, I'm sitting in the living room, just watching tv. The wedding was supposed to be yesterday, but apparently that place where the wedding party was supposed to be, they had a technical problem, so the wedding is in three days.

Mom got her job, and she is at the work now, she is working the whole night, it's third shift or something. She just left the house, after a very busy day, she and Gerard are in rush these days, trying to make everything perfect for the wedding. Gerard isn't even in country at the moment, he went to Germany to buy something for the wedding, aparently they didn't have it here in Netherlands, and he counted that it would come cheaper if, instead of buying it on the internet, he went to buy it himself.

Right now, the only ones that are home are me and Martijn. Laura has a sleepover at her friends home.

I was watching my favourite show, the Simpsons, luckily it was on English, it just had the subtitles in Dutch in the bottom of the screen. This is like the only thing that is in English here, everything else is in Dutch, or Nederlands, and I suck with that language. I need to learn it asap

I was watching it, when a sound of plate hitting the floor was heard. Someone's in the kitchen

I quickly got up to check if that was Martijn or someone else.

As soon as I reached the kitchen, I saw that it was Martijn and I felt a relief

"Oh I thought it was someone else" I said as I came closer to where he was

"No, just me" he was picking up the broken plate from the floor, he probably dropped it. When I looked down to his hands, I saw that they were bleeding

"Oh my god Martijn you're bleeding!" I said, slightly shocked, honestly I hate seeing blood, I fainted once when I saw blood.

"No it's nothing, I just strached it, it's fine" he said, still picking up the broken parts. That wasn't a stratch, blood was coming out fast

"Leave it, I'll finish that, you need to wash your hand" I said as I got closer to him, I was standing right behind him, he was kneeling down on the floor

"No Serena it's nothing, I already told you" he didn't want to listen to me. I crouched right next to him, and took his hand in mine. A fucking stratch, huh?!

"Martijn this isn't nothing, come here" I was carefully holding his hand in mine, and suddenly he got up

"You're making a big deal out of nothing" he was folloowing me to the kitchen sink