Misunderstood.

Gage's POV

           I stared at the girl before me, my eyes narrowed on her. She challenged me with a intense glare. And immediately my wolf growled at the thought of her trying to over power me.

I hated the thought of my..mate, trying to gain power over me. I should be the one in charge, not her.

Mate.

A weird sense of pride filled me up inside, there was no doubt that she was beautiful. But I couldn't let that get stuck in my head. I needed to stay focused.

Ava was supposed to be my mate. Not her. Ava.

I felt sick at the thought of Ava finding out. Just a hour ago, I thought Ava was going to be the girl I would mate with. Then Ray came along.

God, do I sound fucking sappy or what?

But it was true, now that I had found my mate, I couldn't have any sexual relations with Ava. Or else I'd feel like I was cheating.

Even though I wasn't with Ray.

Ray.

Stop thinking of her!

I shook my head, as if to shake off the thoughts of her imprinted in my mind.

I drew my eyes away from her cat like eyes. And stood up straight. Storming out of the room where the goons stood, waiting eagerly.

They frowned once they saw there was no corpse to collect.

"Take her to the third floor, the bedroom right next to mine."

I told Ethan swiftly as I passed. He stuttered something, but I wasn't listening.  

I jogged up the stairs, and to my room.

I opened the door to see Ava sitting on the bed, still in my shirt as she chatted on the phone.

"I know, I can't believe school is starting up in just a week! We have to go school shopping tomorrow." Ava squealed, and bounced up and down on the bed.

She was always so fucking cheery, and at times, that bugged the hell out of me. But for some reason, it bugged me even more today.

As if noticing my presence, Ava turned and smiled at me.

"Hey, Chelsea. I got to go. I'll talk to you later. Bye!"

She hung up the phone, and pranced over to me.

"Hey sweetheart, how was the meeting?"

She wrapped her arms around my neck. While I stood there awkwardly. Guilt bubbling in my stomach.

"Oh, you know, fine." I mumbled, and unwrapped her arms from my neck. She frowned.

"Are you okay?"

Her big blue eyes held concern. And god, did I want to tell her. But knowing Ava, she'd throw a hissy fit over it.

"I'm perfect."

"Okay."

She nodded, and wrapped her arms around my frame.

She leaned in to kiss me,

And mentally, I freaked out.

But if I wanted to convince her that everything was fine, I had to play it cool.

I leaned my head down, playing cool, until I saw Ray's face and not Ava's.

I jumped back, a nervous laugh slipped my lips before I could stop it.