Setting Myself Up For Disaster.

I stormed back to the room, only to see Gage was still there, with his head in his hands. He looked up once he heard my loud footsteps. I didn't bother to make eye contact as I grabbed my bag, but he obviously didn't sense my 'Don't-Want-To-Talk-To-You' vibe because he followed closely behind.

"Ray, where are you going?" He asked as I jogged down the stairs, and rounded into the kitchen, where Gabby sat.

"Hey Gabby, can you take me to the library?"

"Library? Ray, what the hell are you doing?" Gage demanded a answer from me. He gripped my arm and twirled me to face him.

"It's none of your business."

"Last time I checked, it was. Since I'm the damn Alpha of this park."

"Really? You sure don't act like it." I yanked my arm from his grip, and turned to Gabby, with pleading eyes.

"Fine." She nodded, and jumped off the stool. Immediately, Gage began to object.

"What? No! Your not going, Ray!" He barked at me, but I was already at the door, and so was Gabby.

She opened the door, and we both walked to the car. While Gage bitched from behind.

I opened the passenger's seat, and went to get in. But Gage just had to interrupt.

"Ray, what don't you get of, 'your not going'?"

"What don't you get of, 'Fuck off'?" I countered. And slipped into the car. Gabby started the engine, and I could hear Gage's shout of protest. But I quickly dismissed them once I shot him the finger. All that was left of him was a grimace as we drove off.

"You guys need to get together already, I mean, you don't really hate him, do you?" Gabby voiced, and I turned to give her a brief, horrified, look.

"Yes. I hate him with all my heart." Lie.

But it's not like I would ever even tell Gabby the truth. Sure, she was nice, but she wasn't trust worthy. She blabbed about things all the time, of course, some of it was to my advantage so I could hear embarrassing secrets about Ava.

If I were even to utter a the word, 'Like' And 'Gage' in a sentence, she'd get the wrong idea. Then tell everybody. The last thing I wanted was Ava trying to kill me again.

Just the thought of Ava set me on edge. If anything, I wanted to knock her teeth out. Or beat that bitch till she had not even one brain cell left. But what if I lost control? I would go on a  rampage if I even let the swing of my fist at her. I'd bet I would explode again.

And what if I couldn't stop myself? I'd kill people again.  I'd have another coat of blood to hate.

What I needed to focus on was finding out who the hell Avery is. And what had she had to with me.

Did she have anything to do with me? Of course. She had to be a family member, or a friend, or something.

No matter how hard I raked my brain, I couldn't find nothing. No memory of the girl that looked like me. Avery. The name tasted bitter on my tongue. And I didn't dare to say it more then twice, I was afriad the urge to puke would come back.

Whoever she was, she had do something with the dreams, with that old dude, with their pack, and with me.

"-Are you listening?" I felt a hand touch mine, and I jumped at the touch. I looked to see Gabby with her eyebrows furrowed. And I gave a swift nod, and cleared my throat.