Where Loyalty Lies.

------------------------------

THIS HAS NOT BEEN EDITED.

-----------------------------

     "You do notice what you're wearing, right?"

I sighed, shaking my head. "No, Gabby. I obviously don't, because I have really bad memory and don't remember putting this on."

Gabby frowned at me. "Somebody's grumpy."

"I'm not grumpy," I mumbled and turned away from her, even though I knew what she was saying was true. I was grumpy. Probably because of the fact Gage and I stayed up half the night, goofing around. Not a good idea, that's for sure.

After we got back from the river, we curled up in bed and watched crappy old movies, making fun of the horrible plots and drama. Gage seemed to be grumpy - And tired - too, since he moved so sluggishly around the kitchen. Grunting about how he hated school. I was doing the same.

That's why this morning I did not make the effort to even comb out my hair. Nor do anything. I just shoved on some jeans, a white neck, and a electric blue hoodie while covering my knotted hair with a trucker hat and some combat boots to pair it off.

"Besides," I started, grabbing a gronala bar from the pantry, "I've wore worst stuff, right?"

"No. This is by far the worst. A trucker hat? Really?" Gabby cocked a hand on her hip. I shrugged. And felt Gage rest a hand on my lower back.

"I think she looks cute." 

He stated and I glanced over my shoulder to look up at him. It was then I forgot how he was currently standing with no shirt. And touching me.

"Oh yeah?" I mused, and lifted a eyebrow at him.

"Yeah," He nodded. "The hobo style fits you." With that, he snatches the granola bar out of my hand and stuffs the rest of it in his mouth.

I gape at him before I stomp on his foot. It causes him to screech, since I'm wearing shoes, and he isn't.

"You owe me a new granola bar, bitch!"

"I'm pretty sure that was the last one. Oh well." He shrugged nonchalantly while flashing me a innocent smile.

"Don't make me kick you in the nads, again." I warned and glared at him. "This time I'll make sure I really do kill it."

Gage laughed and backed up away from me, "Evil! Pure evil!" 

I rolled my eyes at him, waving him off. "Hurry up and put clothes on already, damn it!"

He starts up the stairs, mocking my gesture by rolling his eyes as well. "Don't tell me what to do, woman!"

His voice echoes off the walls and I hear the thud of his foot steps. I don't bother answering back, since he's probably already in his room. I just let out a irritated sigh and glanced to Gabby who laughed under her breath.

"How can you date someone you act like you hate? Are you guys like this all the time?" She questioned.

And I don't know how to answer. Mainly because the, 'How can you date someone' part just threw me off.

At least she didn't say boyfriend. 

"No." I finally answer. "Okay, yeah, maybe. I can't stand the kid."

"Right. Any who, you need a ride school? Or are you..?" She trails off, gesturing to the stairs where Gage disappeared up to. 

Right now, I'm walking on egg shells with Gabby. It's because I still haven't built up the nerve to ask what the hell was going on with Dustin. Was there something going on with them?