THIRTEEN

"This," he points to his fading bruise and sighs. "Is from my dad," 

My eyes widen. "What?"

"It's true," he nods. "He's a drunk, always has been ever since my mum left us. I'd go to the police but he's my dad, Violet, I love him," 

He tears up and I lean forward to hug him tightly. In that moment, I feel tears in my eyes from both my confession and V's and I hold him tighter. 

"I'm sorry for what you're going through," I say quietly into his ear. 

We're both hurting, I can tell. 

"I'm sorry for what you went through," He whispers sincerely. 

"You need to tell somebody, V, you can't let this happen," 

He pulls away and shakes his head adamantly. "I can't, he's my dad. He used to be so kind, I know he isn't truly like this, he can change," 

"He needs help, not jail, V," 

"I know," he agrees quietly. "But I don't know what do to," 

"My mum's a nurse, she might know what to do but she won't be back until tomorrow. You're staying here until we sort this, by the way,"

He nods and yawns. "Thank you, Violet," 

"You're tired?" I ask and he nods. "Come on," 

I stand and pull him onto the bed and underneath the covers. He hesitantly lies beside me, his body immediately moulding against mine like a missing puzzle piece. I turn onto my side so my forehead is touching his chest and his chin is resting on the top of my head. 

I don't usually like skin-ship but with V, it feels different. I feel safe when I'm around him, not nervous and on edge. 

"Goodnight, V." I whisper but he doesn't reply, he's already asleep. 

I take the opportunity to lean up and kiss his bruised cheek softly before slowly drifting into my own sleep. 

When I wake up in the morning, I'm not alone. V's arms are still tightly wrapped around me but he's not asleep, he's just sat silently running his hands through my hair. 

"Good morning," He whispers when I stir in his arms. 

I smile. "Morning," 

"Please don't be annoyed," he says quietly and I hum. "But school started an hour ago,"

"What?" I exclaim, sitting up and glancing at the clock on my wall. "Why didn't you wake me up?"

"I thought we could take the day off," He grins cheekily, flipping us over so I'm lying on my back and he's hovering above me. 

"V," I sigh as I fail to hold back a smile. "This better not happen again, my mum will kill me." 

"It won't, I promise," he whispers and leans down until our lips touch. 

He pulls away after only a few seconds, knowing I'm not a fan of the gesture and smiles. He stands and leads me towards my wardrobe and opens it for me. 

"Get dressed, we're going out," He orders with a false stern expression. 

I laugh. "Okay, mum," 

V leaves me alone to change in my room, and as I am, I hear him walking up and down the hallway. I smile at the thought of him spending time here and him being safe. Bruises don't look good on him.

"Where are we going?" I ask when I step outside of my room. 

I look up and see he's too busy looking at a photograph in the hallway. He mustn't have heard me. 

I move behind him and he jumps slightly when he notices me. "Sorry," 

He immediately places the frame back onto the cabinet. "It's okay, you can look," 

"Is that your dad?" He asks and I nod. 

It's a photo of me, my mum and my dad from years ago. I'm young, five , maybe, but I'm still smiling just as bright as my parents. We look like a picture perfect family here, it's strange how much we're definitely not anymore. 

"You look really happy," he states. "You all do." 

"I know, we were," I say and shake my head, ignoring all of my sad thoughts. "Come on, we should go before my mum gets home," 

We decide to head to a diner for breakfast. I sit opposite V and I frown as he pulls a pen I didn't know he had from his pocket.

"What are you doing?" I whisper-shout when he takes off the lid and lowers the tip onto the table. 

He disregards my question and smirks, beginning to write something on the surface. My eyes widen as I try to see what he wrote but his arm is covering his work. 

He finally retracts his arm and I can see what he's wrote, and immediately all of my anger disappears and I can only smile. 

V+V

"Isn't that what couples do?" I chuckle and he looks up. 

"Yeah," he smiles. "That's why I wrote it." 

author's note: sorry it's short but i haven't updated in days :) 

also, thank you for 1k!!