FORTY THREE

"You used protection though, right?"

"Of course we did!" I exclaim, somewhat embarrassed as I slap Eunki's arm. Of course, she somehow managed to force what happened last night out of me.

"I can't believe this didn't happen earlier," she sighs and leans back in her chair.

Before I can answer, I notice Tae and Namjoon enter the class. I nudge Eunki quickly to signal her to stop talking about it. 

"Pretend we were talking about something else." I whisper and kick her from underneath the table. 

Namjoon approaches us and smiles innocently. "So you two had sex?" 

He motions between V and I as he speaks and my eyes almost pop out of their sockets. I glance around the classroom and luckily people didn't seem to hear.

"I thought it was supposed to remain private?" I glare at V. 

"Oh, so you didn't just tell Eunki before we entered the class?" Tae resorts. 

I'm such a hypocrite. 

"Whatever." I mumble and look away. 

He sits beside me and I can sense him looking in my direction. After only a few moments I turn to face him also. He's grinning, looking at me with that particular emotion in his eyes. 

"Please stop staring." I whisper and look away, embarrassed. I hate when he stares at me, I always feel under pressure. 

"It's hard to stop staring when you're so beau-"

I kick him underneath the table before the cheesy sentence can be continued. He laughs and turns away, diverting his attention from me and to the teacher who enters the room. 

~

After school V and I head back to my house. My mum is sitting on the couch and my eyes flicker towards the two cups of coffee on the table in front of her. 

"You have company?" I question, confused. 

"Violet, I-" she starts but is cut off. 

"Mrs Kim, I do apologise but I used up all of your soap," I turn to see a familiar woman walking down the stairs. "Oh hello, Violet! I didn't expect to see you so soon." 

Sandra, Mike's mother stands before me and my emotions become mixed. She never knew what happened between Mike and I. In fact, Sandra always liked me and we were actually good friends. But seeing her brings back a whole lot of memories I had done so well to forget over the past few weeks. 

Her usual smiling face seems to be slightly faltered, but her spotless work uniform and hair remains perfect like normal. Just by looking at her I can tell something is wrong. 

"Is everything okay, Sandra?" 

I sit beside her on the sofa and she diverts her gaze away from me. 

"Mike told me what happened between the two of you, dear," she tells me and I freeze. 

That's when it seems to click for Tae as he sits beside me and holds my hand, something he always does to offer his support. 

"I'm sorry you had to go through that," she says sympathetically. "I had no idea, I'm so sorry I couldn't do more." 

"You don't need to apologise, Sandra," I try my hardest to comfort her; she must be in a really difficult place right now. 

"That's not the only thing," she sighs. "After Mike told me, he took off. He hasn't been home since and I'm really worried about him. I hate to worry you, but have you heard from him? I don't know who else he would turn to." 

"I'm sorry Sandra but I haven't heard from him." I inform her honestly. 

"Alright, but thanks anyway. I'm sorry for bringing you into this." 

That's when I realise that because Mike is missing, he could be literally anywhere. Without warning I get out of my seat and rush upstairs, not even noticing that Tae follows me. 

"Violet, what's wrong?" V asks confusedly. 

"He could be anywhere," I gasp. "He's coming after me, Taehyung!" 

"No, he's not. Calm down Violet, just breathe for a moment." 

"He's gone missing, V! He could be here as we speak!" I rush towards my window and pull open the curtains. With wide eyes I scan the garden outside to see if he's here yet. 

"Violet, he isn't going to hurt you again." 

"He will though, he always does!" 

Before I can do anything irrational, V leans forward and pulls me into him tightly. At first I attempt to push him away but the more he holds me, the more I want to be held. I cry, like I always seem to do, and slowly begin to calm down as he strokes my hair and back. 

"Can you please stay with me tonight?" I ask him, my voice muffled from his sweater. 

"Of course I can, if that's what you want." 

"Thank you, Taehyung." 

an; i feel so sorry for her omg :( sorry for the slow updates guys i've been busy