TWENTY TWO 1/2

I feel as if my heart is going to physically burst out of my chest as it beats so loud I can actually hear it. I've never, ever, ever felt more scared in my entire life. I'm submerged in fear as I stagger towards my dresser and reach for my phone with trembling hands.

I hear a loud banging sound circulate throughout the thin walls of my house causing a shriek of fear to involuntarily escape my mouth. I instantly rush into my bathroom and lock the door before sitting on the tiled floor and dialling a number I never thought I would call again.

"Violet?" I hear V's deep and groggy voice ask in confusion. I hear my front door being forced open from downstairs and I scream. "Violet! What's wrong? What's happening?" 

"V, please help me." I cry and cower further away from my door as the sound of heavy footsteps echoes through my house. 

"Tell me what's happening and where you are." He orders in a relatively calm tone but I know he's panicking, too.

"I'm at home and that J guy is here-"

"What?" V shouts and I wince at the volume of his voice.

"He's in my house." I whisper when the footsteps move closer to my room.

"I'll be over in, like, two minutes. Stay where you are, lock your door and wait for me, Violet." 

"Okay." I whisper and hang up the phone.

I gasp silently when I hear my bedroom door swing open. I feel my heart thump loudly inside my chest as heavy footsteps approach the door of my bathroom. 

"Kim Violet, I know you're in here," J shouts, knocking loudly onto the door sending vibrations through the four walls. "Just unlock the door to make everything easier for you." 

"What do you want from me?" I ask shakily causing him to chuckle.

"Your little boyfriend failed to pay me, again. I warned him that I'd find the thing he loves most if he did it again. And guess what, he failed, and that thing is you." 

Before I have the opportunity to respond, the door is kicked open. My body freezes in fear as J stands at the doorframe with his infamous cocky smirk on his face and an evil glint inside his eyes. I reach for something to use as a makeshift weapon which just so happens to be a bottle of shampoo. Wow, great choice, Violet.

"That won't be much use." He remarks before leaning forward and roughly grabbing me by my upper arm. 

"Get off me, you creep!" I shout and desperately attempt to free myself from his painfully tight grip. 

"Stop struggling, Violet, just come with me." He orders in a rough voice and I resist the urge to vomit. 

He's a lot stronger than me so he manages to lift me with ease. As he carries me towards the top of the staircase, I see a familiar face and relief overwhelms me. V immediately runs up the stairs but halts all of a sudden. I don't know why at first, but when I feel a cold and familiar material press against my temple, I know why he stopped. A freaking gun.

"Jay, let her go." V growls and slowly approaches us. 

"Not until I get what I want." 

"I have the money," V announces and doesn't take his eyes away from my own. "Now let her go." 

"Show me it first, I don't believe you." 

"Let's go upstairs first, it's not practical passing around thousands of Won on a stair case." 

J nods and doesn't remove the gun from my temple as he walks backwards and into my room. He briefly lowers the gun to close the door and everything happens too quickly for my mind to process. V pushes J away from me before the familiar sound of a gunshot rings through the room.

an; told you all i'm on a roll