THIRTY ONE

an; omg trouble reached #106 in fanfiction that's so bad, not bad meaning bad but bad meaning good yooo thank you all sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much

After the surprising experience of enduring a panic attack, V insisted that he took me to the doctors so I could be prescribed with medicine. I agreed until I noticed that my mum looked extremely stressed and exhausted when she returned home from work - and I didn't want to worry her further. I'll be fine, anyway.

Right now, I'm walking to my next lesson with Eunki by my side. She's rambling on about her and Sehun's amazing relationship whilst I nod every so often in acknowledgement, just to show that at least a small part of me is listening.

I haven't told her about my attack because I don't want to rain on her ongoing parade. She's so happy at the moment and I don't want my own personal issues to ruin that for her.

We reach our next lesson: chemistry, where we're forced to separate to the opposite ends of the classroom. I sit beside Mike in this lesson and Soonhyun. His bruise is fading but it still looks sore and painful, courtesy of V, and it makes me feel guilty every time I see it.

I greet Mike politely and sit down, shoving my crutches underneath the desk. I notice that he continuously glances at me and I grow slightly uncomfortable, but let it slide.

"Good afternoon, class," our teacher greets us as usual. She sits down at the main desk before announcing that we need to complete a partner project. Everyone looks around and mentally chooses their partner but we're interrupted. "You won't be choosing your partner. You'll be working with the person beside you on your left."

My heart beats louder as I turn to face Mike who's smiling widely. I don't want to work with him. Even though I'm still willing to give him a chance, I don't feel comfortable with him coming over to my house or vies versa.

"Hey, partner." He smiles and I try my hardest to return it.

I know that he's changed. I reassure myself over and over again that everything will be fine.

After the lesson, I wait behind until everybody has left the class. I cough as I approach Miss and she looks up, a gentle smile on her face.

"Um, is there anyway I can maybe switch my partner?" I ask hopefully, nervously fiddling with my hands.

"I'm sorry, Violet, but there's no way of doing so without changing somebody else's, and that could cause upset. The project is only short, it won't take you long." 

I nod understandingly, beginning to feel frustrated and slightly upset. I thank her and say goodbye before turning and leaving the class.

I gasp when I hear Mike's voice beside me and he's suddenly positioned by my side. I didn't even realise that he was waiting for me.

"Hey, what were you talking about? Is something wrong?" He asks and I begin to panic slightly.

"It was nothing, I was just talking about some homework. So, the project..."

"You can come to my house if you want, I don't think your mum would be too happy to see me."

I don't want to go to his house.

"Okay, sure."

"Great. How about tomorrow?"

"Sounds good." I force out with a smile.

"I've got practice today, I'll see you later." He waves and begins walking down the corridor.

"Bye." I call and make my way to the exit of the school.

V is standing by the gate with his hands in the pockets of his black jeans. He smiles when he sees me and hugs me gently.

"Thanks for waiting for me." I tell him as I climb into his car.

"We're going to the doctors, Violet." He says in a monotone voice.

My head snaps towards him and I instantly begin to protest.

"No, I don't want to-"

"Violet, you need help. It's okay, I'll be with you and I'll do all the talking."

I want to cry, but I don't. Instead, I nod and rest my elbow against the window and stare through the glass.

He continues to drive until we pull up outside of the doctors. My nerves grow as we make our ways inside and sit in the waiting room. When my name is called, I feel as though I'm going to be sick.

I make V enter the room first where the doctor is sitting. Luckily she looks kind and caring but I still don't exactly want to talk to her.

"Is there anything I can help you with today , Miss Kim?" She asks and picks up a notebook from the desk.

I don't say anything, I just look at V.

"Violet has been suffering with anxiety," he starts and I look down at my lap. "She had a panic attack two days ago."

She proceeds to ask me questions which I have no option but to answer. She finally comes to a conclusion that I definitely have anxiety, and offers me the right medication to help calm it.

"That wasn't so bad, was it?" V asks when we're walking back to his car.

I shrug and climb into the passenger seat. I gaze out of the window as we drive and I see a familiar face on our way home. Mike is walking beside a girl, I think, from our chemistry class, and their hands are linked. I smile, my nervousness for tomorrow dissolving as I see he's finally happy with somebody else. Maybe it won't be so bad after all.

V drops me off home and we say our usual goodbyes. When he climbs back into his car, I turn around and walk towards it, knocking on the window to gain his attention. He glances towards me with raised eyebrows and lowers the window.

"Yeah?" He asks.

"Do you want to stay over?" I ask him and he smiles, nodding.

"I'd love to".