FIFTY

PREPARE FOR THE MOST EXCITING CHAPTER I'VE EVER WRITTEN AND TWO MAJOR PLOT TWISTS LOL GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

I'm startled awake by a loud bang

My eyes snap open and are instantly met with Taehyung's which mimic my own. In unison, we sit up and climb to our feet. All of the other boys and Eunki are awake, too, unsurprisingly. 

"Namjoon and Jungkook, you get the guns," Yoongi whispers and the younger boys obliges. "Jimin, you stay with Eunki and Violet and take them into the basement. The rest of you, come with me and we'll see what's going on out there." 

"We're going into the freaking basement?" Eunki shouts in a hushed tone. "What basement? You never told me about a basement, Jimin!" 

"Follow me." Jimin says quietly and we do. I turn around and mouth 'I love you' to V before venturing down the stairs and underground, through a hatch that is hidden in the back of the room. 

It's extremely confined and dark down here. I instantly hate it. 

"There's some torches somewhere," I hear Jimin mumble. "Ah, here we go." 

Soon enough, a circular ray of light is being shined onto the wall opposite us. Jimin hands us both a torch each before sitting down opposite us. 

"Do you think J found us?" I ask in a scared voice. 

"Honestly, I don't know." Jimin answers, his soft voice full of fear. 

"Maybe it was somebody hunting or something. People do that in the woods, don't they?" Eunki suggests although her voice is full of false hope. 

"I doubt anyone would be hunting at this time." Jimin responds. 

Bang

I stand up and make my way towards the stairs out of instinct. However, I don't make it far before Jimin's hand is gripping my forearm and pulling me back. 

"Violet, we need to stay here. I promised the boys that I would keep you safe." 

"One of them might be hurt-" 

"I know, okay?" Jimin's voice sounds broken. "But, we need to stay here. Please just trust me and I'll keep you safe." 

I know leaving could jeopardise Jimin and Eunki's safety so I'm forced to sit back down. There was another gunshot, what if V is hurt? I can't even bare the thought. 

It's silent for a while, no more gunshots. 

"What were you guys talking about earlier?" Eunki asks, referring to Namjoon, V and I. 

I don't want to talk about it, but similarly to her, I'm desperate to think about anything else but the fear inside of me. 

"We were talking about who went into Namjoon's house on the day of the break in. Only you," I glance to Jimin, "Jungkook, his cousin and his parents have a key. His cousin is at university, it definitely wasn't his parents and you and Jungkook were in school. We couldn't figure out who it was." 

"What day did the break in happen?" Jimin suddenly asks, out of what I assume is curiosity. 

"Tuesday." I answer confidently. 

It's silent for a few moments before Jimin mumbles something inaudible underneath his breath. 

"What is it?" I frown, looking over to him. 

"Jungkook didn't show up to school on that Tuesday." 

My heart stops. "What? Are you sure?" 

"100%. We were supposed to have football training together after school. He wasn't there that day, I know he wasn't."