FORTY NINE

Taehyung was right; their "hide out" is located pretty much in the middle of the woods. I didn't even know that this place existed as I've never ventured this area of the city before. 

"Are all of the supplies still here?" Jimin asks the boys. I guess they used to visit here often during their days of being in a gang. 

I still find it surprising that they were ever in a gang in the first place. Now that I'm close with all of them, I know that they're honestly sweethearts - most of the time, anyway. 

"Some are. Yoongi brought some just incase. They're already here, I think." Namjoon answers as he parks his car. 

"Where is the hide out?" I ask, looking around. All that I see is trees. 

"It's a few minutes walk away but we can't park right outside of it. Otherwise, if they somehow manage to find us, they'll know where we are straight away if our cars are there." Namjoon informs me. 

"That makes sense." I nod understandingly. 

V and I walk hand in hand behind the other boys. The sound of our shoes crunching against the leaves is the only sound heard. I presume everybody is too anxious to talk at the moment.  

Soon enough, a small, wooden building comes into view. The windows are barred and there's a door which looks as if it hasn't been opened for years. 

"We're staying here?" I ask with raised eyebrows.

"It looks nicer when you're actually inside of it, I promise." V whispers into my ear. 

Jimin unlocks the door using a key from his back pocket before pushing it open. I immediately realise that V was right; inside, the lights are bright and the walls are clean. There's a sink, fridge and a few cupboards located in one corner. In another, theres a small room which I guess is the bathroom, and everywhere else, there's blankets and cushions sprawled across the floor. 

Eunki and the other boys are already gathered inside. Yoongi is stacking cans of food into the cupboards whilst the others unhelpfully watch him. 

"You guys are finally here!" My best friend cheers once she notices us. "Took you long enough." 

"How are you so calm about this?" I say quietly to her once we sit down. 

"I've been here before." She shrugs and I frown.

"You have?" 

"Yeah, it was before we met and before the boys and I were even friends. Basically, someone in J's gang followed me home one night for whatever reason and Jimin caught him. He kept sending me messages, saying stuff like he was going to kill me and I told Jimin. He thought they were after me so he brought me here for a week." 

"I thought you hated each other," I question, a small smirk on my face. "Did anything happen?" 

"Ew, no!" She hits me with a pillow whilst I laugh. "I still hated him. He only brought me here so he wouldn't feel guilty if I was murdered." 

"Oh, come on!" I push her arm. "Two attractive and single teens spent a week together in the middle of nowhere, and you're trying to tell me nothing, nothing at all, happened?" 

"Okay, so maybe he kissed me-" 

"I knew it!" 

"But I punched him after because of it! I'm with Sehun now, anyway." 

"You punched him?" I laugh. 

"Well, yeah, I didn't know what else to do and I panicked." 

"You've always been smooth with guys, I see." I say sarcastically, earning yet another blow from the same pillow. 

"What are you two giggling about?" Jungkook takes a seat beside us on a blanket. I laugh and look at Eunki, wondering if she'll tell him about what she told me. He might already know, I have no idea. I can't believe she didn't tell me earlier.

"None of your concern, Kookie." She smiles and turns to me, sending me a warning glare. 

"Whatever," He laughs. "I bet it wasn't exciting, anyway." 

"Shut up." Eunki moves onto her next victim with the cushion-hitting. 

I look around the room and almost instantly catch eyes with V. He's sitting opposite me with his back against the wall, his knees brought up to his chest. He's staring blankly at the wooden planks beneath him as if in deep thought. 

I slowly stand up and walk towards him, attracting his attention and snapping him out of his temporary daze. I sit beside him and hold one of his hands in my own, feeling how cold he is. 

"You're freezing." I say quietly. He's only wearing a shirt, no jacket, and we're in the woods so it isn't exactly warm here. It's not as if this million-years-old building has a heating system. 

"I'm fine," his voice sounds hoarse due to the lack of talking. "I'm just scared."

"You don't need to be scared. Like Jimin said, everything will be okay." I try to reassure him. Usually, it's him doing all of the comforting. 

"If you get hurt again, I'll never be able to forgive myself-"

"I won't," I cut him off. I stretch upwards so that I'm on my knees and my face is level with his. I place my hands either side of his cold jaw and look at him dead in the eyes. "I'm fine, I'm going to be fine. As long as you're here I'm fine." 

"But-" 

"No buts." I cut him off with a quick kiss on the lips. 

"You're so stubborn." He chuckles slightly, seeming to be less uptight than before. 

"You love it, though." I laugh and so does he. 

You'd never think that we're in serious danger. Eunki and Jungkook are having a pillow fight, Jimin and Namjoon are playing a game of cards, Jin, Hoeseok and Yoongi are sleeping in the corner whilst V and myself are shamelessly flirting. 

"It's starting to get dark." V whispers, looking through one of the dusty and barred windows. No daylight is spilling through anymore, all that is visible are the stars in the dark sky. 

"We should get some sleep." I tell him and he agrees. 

I help Tae gather some blankets and cushions before we lie down together. The wooden floor isn't the most comfortable surface that I've ever slept on but it should do. 

"No funny business, guys." Eunki whispers and then proceeds to laugh at herself. 

"Shut up. I know about your little secret-" 

"Okay, time to go to bed," she interrupts me. "Goodnight!"