THIRTY TWO

Unbeknown to V, I head straight to Mike's house after school to complete the project. I don't want to tell him because he'd just create drama if he knew.

Mike's house is extremely fancy, just like his old house was. He's always lived in a family with a wealthy background.

"No one's home, I hope you don't mind." He smiles and kicks off his shoes.

I do the same, struggling with my crutches in the process. He leans forward to help me but I politely shake my head.

"No, it's okay. You don't need to help me, I'm fine."

"How are you going to get upstairs?" He asks worriedly with furrowed brows.

"I can manage. It'll just take me a while."

He walks up the stairs slowly, glancing behind him every step to make sure that I'm fine. He knows that I don't want him to help me so he keeps his distance. Eventually, I reach the top of the stairs and follow him into his room.

It looks exactly the same as it used to, just larger. The furniture is identical to the last, even the same football trophies from when he was younger are decorating his tall bookshelf.

"We can sit on the sofa, if you want..." He suggests and I nod. I'm definitely not going to sit on his bed to complete the project. One, that would bring up too many bad memories. Two, that's just weird.

I sit onto the sofa - who even has a sofa of this size in their bedroom, anyway? - and pull my chemistry textbooks out of my bag, he does the same. He researches the information on his posh laptop as I make notes in one of my old, reliable notebooks.

"You always used to use that." He states and motions towards the book on my lap.

I nod and look away from him. "I know. It's lasted me a long time, hasn't it?"

After half an hour or so of doing the project, I'm extremely bored. Especially considering chemistry wasn't my forte in the first place.

"Can we do something else? Or just take a break, anything. I'm so bored with this." I finally whine and he laughs, shutting his laptop closed.

"Me too. We could watch a movie or something?"

Thats not really what I had in mind, but I nod anyway. He switches on his plasma television and starts to play a random movie which I've never heard of.

It's almost as boring as the project. He doesn't seem to find it interesting, either, as he shortly turns it off and faces me instead.

"I think we should do something else." He says rather quietly.

I frown and look at him. "Like what?"

"Like this."

I stare at him as he leans forward, closes his eyes and moves his face towards mine. I freeze, unable to move until his face is only inches away from my own, and my instincts kick in.

I quickly put my hand against his chest and gently push him away. He sighs and sits back down, leaning forward and holding his head in his hands.

I don't know what to do. I just sit there, completely frozen. Why on earth would he try and kiss me, knowing that I'm with V?

"I think it's best if I go..." I tell him quietly.

"No, don't, please. Look, I'm really sorry. I should never have done that. Let's just pretend that didn't happen, yeah?" He tries but I shake my head.

"No, I'm going to go-"

"Please." He begs and grips my wrist as I stand up. Panic choruses through me at the sickly familiar feeling of his strong hand wrapped around my wrist.

I instantly shrug him off and reach for my crutches. I can't meet his eyes as I swing my bag over my shoulder and make my way towards the door.

"Violet, please don't leave." He tries one last time.

Just as I'm about to leave, I clumsily drop one of my crutches. As I crouch down to receive it, he takes the opportunity to stand in front of the door, blocking my only exit.

"Please, I don't want to lose you again. We only just started repairing what we used to have."

"Repairing what we used to have? I'll never stoop that low again, Mike."

He looks hurt, but I couldn't really care less. "Come on, you don't mean that."

"I think I do," I scoff. "Now please move out of the way, I want to leave."

He stays still, just staring at me as if I'm speaking in a different language.

"Mike." I warn.

"Please, you could do so much better than Taehyung." I stare at him in shock.

"Is this what this is about?" I ask and he avoids my gaze. "Wow. We're over, Mike. Over."

"Please-"

"No!" I screech as the panic begins to set in. "Let me out of this freaking house."

"I can't-"

Before I can even comprehend my own actions, I see my hand flying through the air. It hits harshly against his cheek and he's sent stumbling into the cabinet by the door.

I instantly take the opportunity to leave. I pull myself towards the door and twist that handle, preparing to leave and get away from this monster.

But it's locked.