FIFTEEN

I step backwards, my mind racing and my heart pounding quicker than it ever has before. The mere sight of him sends a distracting urge to vomit to the pit of my stomach and my blood runs as cold as ice. 

"Violet?" He asks, his voice sounding slightly deeper and more gentle than it used to. 

I step back again, completely pervaded in utter fear and horror at the sight of the boy I once loved. Jin notices my afraid countenance and comfortingly stands beside me, a frown evident on his soft features. 

"What's going on?" Namjoon asks and I feel tears brim inside my eyes. 

"Why are you here?" I ask emotionlessly, avoiding any form of eye contact with him. 

"I moved to Seoul a week ago, this is my friend's party. How have you been, Violet?" 

"How dare you?" I hiss and look up, seeing his unchanged black hair messily covering his forehead and his blue eyes confused. 

The very thought of him moving to Seoul sends an uncomfortable shiver of fear travel up my spine until I'm paralysed in my stance. He looks sad but I'm completely aware that it's just an act; he's not capable of enduring a human emotion. He's evil. 

"You ruined my life!" I continue, the volume of my shaking voice gradually increasing. "Don't 'how have you been?' me! Get out, I don't want to speak to you!" 

Pure fear, that's what I'm feeling right now. Even with the boys behind me, I feel afraid of this man - no, monster

"Please, make him leave." I beg, turning to face Jimin who looks bewildered but nods, nevertheless. 

"Come on, dude, she obviously doesn't want to see you." He says, attempting to push Mike out of the room but he stands firm in defiance. 

"I'm not leaving until I talk to you, Violet." He insists. 

"You don't deserve my time, Mike." 

"I've changed-"

I laugh, loudly. I no longer feel afraid, just angry. 

"Get out." I order once again but before he has the opportunity to either oblige or respond, V appears by the doorframe and I breathe a sigh of relief at his presence. 

"What's going on?" He asks and steps passed Mike and stands by my side, protectively wrapping his arm around me. 

Mike's face merges into devastation and I resist the urge to smirk at the sight. He looks simultaneously angered and saddened by the sight of V and I together. 

"You've moved on already?" He asks rhetorically before chuckling almost menacingly. "Wow, you get around quick, don't you?" 

Eunki gasps and V's grip around me tightens until I feel the imprints of his fingertips slowly mould into the bare skin of my upper arm. He steps forward, leaving me standing behind him and trembling slightly. 

"What did you just say?" He growls lowly and if the situation was different, I probably would've melted at how hot he sounds. 

"Forget it," Mike sneers before looking over V's shoulder and sending a sickening smirk in my direction. "I'll see you soon, Violet." 

Soon, what does that mean? 

He turns around and leaves the nine of us shocked and speechless. It's completely silent until V suddenly hauls open the door and rushes out of the room with an expression of anger evident on his pale features.

"Taehyung!" I call out but when I reach the door, he's completely out of sight. 

"What was that about, Vi?" Eunki asks. 

"I'll explain everything later but right now, we need to find V." 

The boys nod in agreement and we head out of the random room and through the loud crowds of drunk teens. I stay close to Hoseok who keeps looking at me sympathetically and worriedly but I ignore the glances, not wanting sympathy at all. 

Outside of the house, sounds of cheers and shouts are heard. There's an enormous crowd on the grass and the eight of us hesitantly walk towards it. I push through the people until I reach the centre of the chaos where, to my dismay, I see V and Mike sending punches towards each other. 

"Stop!" I shout and without thinking it through first, I step into the fight and attempt to pry Mike off V. 

But of course, the inevitable happens and my intention backfire.

Mike turns briefly and pushes me with a great force, similar to what he used to do, and I'm set falling backwards into the chest of Jungkook. He catches me, thank goodness, and steadies me as the crowd gasp and V's anger only increases. 

"Don't push her around, you dick." V growls and swings again, but this time, Mike ducks and his fist is sent flying into my direction. 

Suddenly, he stops, his fist only inches away from my face before his arm drops to his side. He looks devastated at the fact he almost hurt me, but I can't focus on anything but the overwhelming fear I'm currently enduring as memories of Mike rush back. 

The vision of a fist almost connecting to my face is all too familiar, and I'm left trembling underneath V's sad gaze. 

"Violet," he mumbles. "I'm so sorry-"

"It wasn't your fault." I whisper before turning around and jogging back into the house.

I immediately search for the bathroom and lock the door behind me, quickly kneeling over the toilet and emptying my fear into it. I hear panicked knocks and calls at the door but I can't muster the energy to stand and allow V inside. 

I vomit into the toilet once more before the tears begin to fall. I didn't expect to see Mike again, for a long time or even at all. But now, he's back, and he's going to make life hell again. 

I don't turn around when I hear the bathroom door being kicked open. V is immediately by my side, hugging me and stoking my hair comfortingly. 

"It's okay, Violet, everything is going to be okay." He whispers.

But this time, unlike all the previous times, I find myself struggling to believe his words.  

an; well that was an emotional roller coaster oops