Chapter 2: Interruptions

Gajeel POV

As I walk into the guild, I see Levy sitting in a booth reading. I don't like reading, but she is so cute when she does it. She has such a serious face when she reads, but her eyes light up like a Christmas tree. 

I go to sit down next to her and put my arm around her, but then I hear Natsu arguing with gramps. "Gramps, we have to fight them. They will come to us if we don't!" he yells officially drawing in my attention. 

"I know, but here we can prepare, and be stronger. I know what I am doing. Make sure there are always, fire around. Controlled of course" Gramps says, then his eyes land on me. "Oh and Gajeel, put Iron around. Just in case we will need it." he says with authority in his voice.

I am taken back, that he noticed I was standing here. Natsu, now has a devious smile on his face. We look at each other and walk off. "Hey Levy, will you help me place some iron around. Like you did on the fairy tale island." I ask to her as we walk up to her. She look at me and smiles.

"Yeah sure, but why?" she asks. 

"I don't know. Gramps is letting someone bring the fight to us, so when the get here he wants the strongest fighters to have... the upper hand" I explain to her.

"Oh that makes sense. Sure." she says as places her hand on her chin. "I am guessing Natsu is going to need fire too. Eh I'll hep him later." she says, as she grabs my hand for me to lead her where ever I want the iron. 

I look down at her hand in mine. Her hand is so small in mine. I love it. 

I start to walk over the door, then I notice that Natsu has set up decorative fire pit. It looks natural, and its awesome. How am I going to make my iron look natural. "Hey Levy, does your magic, only make words?" I ask her.

"Yeah, but I can make it natural. Like look." she says, as she makes a big block of iron, but instead of it saying iron, it says fairy tale. "That is amazing." I say to her as I wrap my arm around her shoulder.  Then I knock on it to see the strength of it. 

"I know what you want. I'll go and handle it then I will meet up with you in a few. Okay?" she asks smiling. I nod, and peck her lips. She blushes a little then walks off.

When I walk inside, I see Gramps, talking to bunny girl, and Erza.  I brush, it off till I hear something that makes my stomach turn, come out of Gramps's mouth., "Raven tail."  I stop dead in my tracks. 

"What? They are the ones we are preparing to fight?" I ask as I walk over to them. Looking straight as Gramps. 

"Yes. That is why we are making sure everyone is prepared." he says like it is nothing. That pisses me off. How could he be so clam. Then I see a slight smile go across his face. 

Wait? What the hell is this old man planning?

"You will find out soon my child." he says then walks off. What could he mean by that? I watch him walk off then look at Natsu.

He looks at me then shrugs. I let out a small laugh then shake my head. Crazy old man.