Chapter 16: Next Generation!

We walk into the Guild and I can tell Levy is happy today. I pat here head, then walk off to go to the bar. Mira pops up and I smirk. "Hey Gajeel what can I get for you." she says glaring but sounding sweet. Shit I pisses her off.

"Um a beer, and a.... strawberry milkshake." I say after I look to Levy trying to decide what she would want. 

"Laxus will bring those right over." she says. I hear him grunt then see her leg shift. She must have kicked him. Gehehe. I walk over and sit with Levy. My arms around her shoulders. Laxus comes over and hands us our drinks.

"Oh thank you Laxus-Chan." Levy says. He nods and walks off. I take a big gulp of my beer, and Levy drinks her milkshake. Out of the corner I see Laxus carting Mira out of the door. She must feel light headed. I shake my head till I hear a loud bang. I get up, and run to the door. Not fast enough tho because it is bolted shut from the outside. Natsu and I bang on the door. We want to know what and the hell is going on.

What was that, and why did Laxus and Mira walk out right before it happened? 

Then it all stopped. I hear Laxus's muffled voice, and Mira's. WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING! I want to yell. They come storming in. "Gramps, get you ass out here. You will want to see this!" he yells. 

"What is it child?" Gramps asks walking outside. We all gasp when we see Laxus's dad laying on the ground really beat up.  "Well you took care of him at least but why is he here? After what we did to him, why would he show up here of all places?" Gramps says. I walk out, and see the scum bag of a father of Laxus's. I look at him, and I know why they locked us in. It was his fight. I nod at him. I grab Levy, and walk back inside. "Gajeel what are you doing?" she asks.

"Laxus handled it, and well it was his fight. Now lets carry on with our life." I say. She looks at me suspicious then nods. I smile. At least she isn't trying to fight me on this. She grabes her milkshake, and sips away. Lucy, and Natsu come and sit down again. Well today was a little more... eventful than I thought it was going to be. 

LATER THAT DAY

"Hey kids come with me." Gramps says looking at the four of us. I help Levy up, and we follow Gramps. We get to a room, and Grams opens the door.

"It is so pretty!" Levy says.

"Yes well when the young ones come, they will need a quiet place for when the sleep." Gramps says. The room was quite large, and has a few cribs. The walls were blue, with a giant Fairy Tail Symbol on the wall. I smile. It is nice. I am going to have to thank him later.

Not only for the room, but for my life. I owe him a lot. Even though at the beginning I wanted nothing more than to punch him so far in the ground not even his magic could save him, I love him now.

I have a family in the guild. I'm starting a family with Levy. Everything I never thought would happen happened, and I only have Fairy Tail to thank for that.