Chapter 14

They held hands so tightly as they followed everyone else through the house and down to the cellar. Sandy walked through the door and looked at Gary with a very surprised face. "told you" he laughed and give her waist a little tickle on his way passed.

The room didn't house just a dance floor, the room was a fully functioning night club. She looked around the room. Above her head was a black sky of hundreds of twinkling lights. The floor was a sea of luxurious black carpet until it stopped at the black and white checkered dance floor, on the left of the door was a very well stocked bar, the guys had already got a drink and where huddled together chatting. On the other side of the room there was a scattering of comfy couches and armchairs surrounding small tables. The walls were covered in memorabilia, from Gold records to stage outfits all framed and preserved behind glass. It was absolutely gorgeous.

The girls had headed for the dance floor as the music had magically engulfed the room. They shouted Sandy over to dance. She joined them, as they all sang along to Jess Glynn's Rather be. The girls danced to a few more songs until Howard's voice interrupted them, they all turned to him standing behind the bar with a microphone "Let's go old school", the music changed, he must have decks behind the bar Sandy thought. The music went back to the 80's. The lads came over to dance, Gary leaned into Sandy and whispered into her ear, "good aye" " Brilliant" she replied with a huge smile.

Drunk Gary was what Sandy liked to describe as a 'literal dancer' he danced in front of her doing all the actions to every song, it made Sandy giggle. The next song was Rick Astley's Never gonna give you up, Gary threw his arms in the air " I love this song' he shouted. Gary started singing along and pointing to Sandy as he sang the words, all the girls had a chuckle at him.

Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you.

Drunk Gary was the life and soul of the party.

The lads retired over to the bar stools as the girls carried on dancing to Howard's 80's playlist, until Katie shouted 'Karaoke' and everyone cheered, except Sandy. She couldn't think of anything worse, having to sing in front of two members of Take That. She was definitely not going to have a go. Katie stood at the side of the dance floor with the mic and gave everyone the rules.
"1. Give everyone a go, if they want to, no one is to hog the mic Gaz I mean you.
2. You can't sing your own songs
3. Unfortunately we have no prizes for the winner as Howard forgot to pick them up today."

Everyone looked at Howard and laughed, Howard smiled and held his hands up in defeat.

Howard's brother Glenn was the first to get up. He sung a Luther Vandross song, Never to much and everyone joined in with him Sandy thought he was really good. Most people had sung except for Sandy and Katie, Katie came over and asked if Sandy would like to sing with her. "I don't know" said Sandy nervously "Come on it will be fine" encouraged Katie "I will get the other girls to sing as well, it will be fun" Reluctantly Sandy agreed.
The song was Dina Carole Ain't No Man, Sandy knew the words anyway so that was a bonus. The Four girls stood together, Sandy positioned herself at the back and the music started. Sandy's stomach churned over. They all started singing and the lads cheered.

There ain't no man
Makes me feel like you do
There ain't no man
Ain't no doubt
There ain't no man
Makes me feel like you do
There ain't no man
That I've ever found