Chapter 7: I've got my eyes on you

Wattpad wouldn't let me upload last Sunday so here it is poops

-------------------------------------

Robert pulled up to a large house. Outside drunk teenagers were scattered. Streamers littered the front of the house and music blared inside.

Maddie stepped out of the car and walked towards the door with Robert.

"Bobbie!" A familiar voice shouted from the front door as a lanky boy ran towards Maddie's companion.

"Finn! My boy, party looks lit mate." Robert smiled back at his friend.

"Thanks bro. How did your day go?" Finn said, looking towards Maddie who was on her phone.

"It was really good, I really like her dude." Robert lowered his voice.

"Well why don't we go inside and see the others boys."

"Sounds good, let me just get Maddie."

Robert walked over to Maddie, "Hey, you okay to stay at the party for a while?"

"Yeah, of course." She smiled.

"Come on then." He smirked, holding a hand out to Maddie which she gladly took.

The two entered and were greeted by many. Maddie walked all through the house and finally found Max, Eleanor, Tyler and Ollie.

"Hello." They all smiled as she sat down on the sofa next to Eleanor and Max.

"So how did it go?" Ollie asked.

"It was nice." She smiled, "He's a really sweet guy."

"I'm so glad it went well Mads." Max smiled. A pang of guilt hit her stomach.

Nothing can happen with Robert, She thought to herself.

As much as she liked him, She knew she couldn't do that to Max, not again.

"El, can you show me what you brought for me to wear?"

"Sure." Eleanor nodded, standing up and dragging her friend up to Finn's room.

"Okay, I brought two dresses so you can choose which one you prefe-"

"Eleanor!" Maddie cut her off. "I didn't bring you up here to discuss dresses!"

"Why did you ask me to show you your outfit then?"

Maddie sighed as she sat on Finn's bed and looked at her feet.

"Whats up Mads?" Eleanor said quietly as she sat next to her.

"I'm not sure what to do El." Maddie said, her feelings choking her.

"Whats happened chicka?" Eleanor put her arm around Maddie.

"I really like Robert, he's so sweet and he makes me smile. He's perfect... But something feels off, and I feel wrong liking my best friends brother when Max used to have feelings for me." She looked up at her friend. "I really liked him, but I know I can't date him anymore. I can't upset Max again. I just don't want to lose Robert either."

A tear fell down her face. Eleanor wiped it away with her hand and let her friends head rest on her shoulder.

"Listen Maddie. I know it's hard when you like someone so much but one thing feels off. Robert is a great guy, you said that yourself. So surely, if he cares as much as you care about him, then he would understand. There is always room for you two to be really close friends and he wouldn't want to upset Max either."