Chapter 9: Today's the day baby

Enjoy

xx

----------------------------------------------------

*9:30am Today*

Beep! Beep!

Maddie's alarm clock was going off.

Like an animal awakening from hibernation, she reluctantly revealed her head from her cocoon of duvet and turned off the alarm.

As her eyes adjusted to the light, she slowly sat up and sighed. She reached for her phone and saw she had one snapchat notification. Clicking on the app, she soon realised it was from Max. She clicked on the screen and a photo of a topless Max, messy bed -hair quiff and his white duvet wrapped around him. The caption was "Today's the day babyyyy".

Today was the day?

What was today, She wondered to herself. Then it finally clicked.

Today was the meet and greet.

*************************

Knock! Knock!

"Maddie! Max and Ella are here! Hurry up!"

"Coming! Just finding my shoes." Maddie called downstairs as she scrambled around in her room to find her converse.

"So Max, how are you finding sixth form?" Maddie's mum asked.

"Oh it's alright." He shrugged, "It's better than I anticipated, I like being more independent."

"Yes, that's what Maddie seems to like." She smiled, "And how are you doing Ella? You're in your first year of secondary school?"

"Yes I am. I love it." She smiled.

"I'm sure you're pretty excited for today?"

"You wouldn't believe how excited I am."

At that moment, there was a small thump as Maddie could be heard running across the landing. She reached the top of the stairs, acting natural and blushing as she saw the others all staring up at her.

She looked amazing.

She wore a black tennis skirt with a grey top with a cute quote on it; a black denim jacket and some white converse. She styled her hair in a loose fishtail braid and had nude toned makeup on with a striking red lip.

"Wow, Maddie...You look...Wow." Max said in awe.

"Thankyou Max, you look rather dashing yourself and Ella, you look beautiful." She smiled as Ella giggled.

"We best be off now." Ella said, ushering them to go.

"Okay have fun!" Maddie's mum said as she handed Maddie her a small black bag which was frayed.

"Thanks Mum." She said as they hugged one another.

"See you later."

********************

45 minutes later the car pulled into the car park of the 02 arena. They all got out of the car and thanked Max's mum.

For the meet and greet, the arena was on high security and only those who had tickets were able to enter the arena. For the performance, the crowd filled the ground floor seats, leaving the upper tiers empty.

"So what happens now?" Maddie queried.

"The performance is at 2pm and the meet and greet is straight after that ends." Ella stated.