Chapter 8: The VIP Package

Here it is! Love you all xoxox

--------------------------------------------

*2 months ago*

It was finally October, the month of halloween and the time in which a sea of orange, brown and yellow laid a crunchy blanket upon the grass.

After coming back to school Maddie's life seemed to pick up on its usual routine. She had enjoyed spending summer with Eleanor, Max, Ollie, Tyler, Robert and his friends. The group had grown so close and now, finally, Eleanor had accepted the other boys into their 'squad'.

Her summer had been one for making memories; festival after festival, paint fights, camping, going on road trips but by far Maddie's favourite part was having laughs with her closest friends. And all these moments had been captured by Eleanor's polaroid.

School started last month so Maddie was now in full swing of work mode - well at least she was supposed to be but school was just always so much effort. With the factor of cold weather also, it made it almost impossible for her to do anything and so cruel of Maddie's mum, on this very foggy Thursday morning to awaken her daughter and tell her she had to leave the comfort of her warm bed.

But She did.

"Mum, can I just have today off, I can't even feel my toes and-"

"No way Maddie. You are going to school. No exceptions."

"But Mum-"

"If you get up now, I will make you pancakes." Her Mum smiled with a twinkle in her eye.

"Okay" Maddie sighed as She began to move.

"Oh and Honey, I bought you a new coat so you don't freeze at the bus top." Maddie's Mum said as she poked her head around the edge of the door.

"Thanks Mother dearest." Maddie smiled as her mother rolled her eyes.

An hour later Maddie headed out the door and walked to the bus stop, hand in the pockets of her new black denim jacket and her ear phones in her ears.

Huddled together, liked penguins stood Tyler and Eleanor.

"Hey guys"

"Hey"

"Hi"

At that very moment Maddie's phone pinged. Her eyes widened as She read what appeared on the screen.

"Guys, you'll never guess what?" She said, excitement filling her voice.

"What?" Tyler said unenthusiastically as he shivered.

"Max's little sister won that competition She entered, you know the one where me and Max had to act and you guys helped film." She emphasised film as she gestured to Tyler, "And El, you organised what we wore."

"Oh yeah, wow that was such a sick project." Tyler smiled and Eleanor nodded in remembrance.

"Too bad Ella sent the video off before we got to see the finished film with the backing song." Maddie said.

"Yeah." Eleanor said, giving wide eyes to Tyler.

"So, what did She win?" Tyler asked, trying to change the subject.

"She won 3 tickets to a meet and greet before a smallish concert from the band."

"Oh, awesome!" Eleanor said as her and Tyler both nervously smiled.

"Did Ella ever tell you the band's name? Max avoided the subject when I asked"

"Uh.." Tyler trailed off.