Chapter 12: You're My Teenage Queen

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! 2016, well damn time really does fly by

-------------------------------------------------------

"About a year ago my mum dropped me off at the building the bands manager had hired so all her employees could work there and the band could record songs. It was just a normal day and I was meeting the boys after they had finished some interviews. However they were running late and so I sat waiting outside the door to the interview room. And do you know what I heard?" Voice full of emotion and cracking with every word, Maddie said, "They denied my friendship with them and said I was nothing to them. Just a persistent fan." She took a deep breath.

"What I heard that day hurt me more than ever. But despite all that happened, I found myself feeling the same way I did for them 3 years ago." She began to break. "They started singing a song in there, a really beautiful song, however an emotional song...about me. And I just couldn't take it. I needed to get out, get some space and breath. Because for so long I've felt so trapped and I just want to be free again." She wiped her eyes. "I just want stand in the middle of no where, surrounded by nature and vast miles of green land and scream; be surrounded by the beauty of nature and sob my heart out until it stops hurting."

The teenage boy shuffled closer to Maddie and put his arm around her. Normally a person's first instinct is to not let a stranger touch you however this boy seemed familiar to Maddie. He brought a calming influence upon her and she felt safe.

"I know nothing I can say will help, however all I can do is try. I'm sure I'm the last person you want to talk to right now..." The teenage boy stood up and started to take off his hat, then his uniform top for the stall which uncovered a blank tank top underneath and finally his sunglasses. He placed his disguise next to him and there, sitting on the bench next to Maddie was a new man. In fact a boy, a teenage boy named Ashton.

Ashton Irwin.

Stunned by what had just happened, Maddie sat there, staring in awe at the boy beside her for a few seconds before mustering the words.

"I-I..You need to be on stage, you can't stop the show for me."

"It's okay, we are having a break. Luke needed to go to the toilet." he smiled.

"But how did you know where I was or it was me?"

He took a deep breath and said, "This is a long story so you may want to get comfortable...Back when the video submissions were entered to win this competition to win a chance to come to this meet and greet, I was asked to pick the VIP winners out of a small selection of entries. All were very good, they made me laugh or smile and made me realise the talent our fans possess. I was really stuck on who to choose. However, one video really stood out to me. It was a fan made music video for 'Beside You'. It had brilliant settings, props and if I could chose how to do the music video, I would want to use that video. It was amazing." He swallowed.

"It had four main acting roles; a young girl and a young boy at the start and then a teenage boy and girl, obviously playing the older versions of the kids. It was so moving. But what stuck out to me was one face. One actress. One role." He looked up from his hands that had been fiddling with the edge of his T-shirt and his eyes met directly with Maddie's. "Yours. I recognised you...I've missed you so much, I just had to send you the VIP tickets. It had been the only source of communication with you for over a year. So long story short I wanted to see you today and talk; ask you what happened that day. But when your friend called you Matilda, I realised you didn't want to be recognised, so I said nothing."

"But during Amnesia I saw you well up and leave and so I knew you have missed us as much as we've missed you. But what you think is wrong, It wasn't like that!"