The Bad/Good news.

"Bonnie! You've got maillll!" Marietta yelled from the front door. I was tired but I rolled out of bed and trodded to the front door.
"Here you go." Marietta said cheerily. I groaned, then looked at the address of the sender.

The Redmond firm
612 East 4th Street
Royal Oak, MI 48067

I frowned at the mail, my name sprawled across the middle of the piece of mail neatly. I flipped it over and tore the letter open. In the envelope was a folded paper, on one of the flaps had two words inscribed into it. The Will.
I frowned, beginning to open the paper quickly.

He died. A little after the thanksgiving actually. The asshole dropped dead, leaving his two daughters here alone. I rolled my eyes, just know noticing tears, laughing without any sign of humor in it. I hadn't realized Marietta was still in the room until I felt a hand on my shoulder.
"Sorry for your loss," She said, I shook my head.
"Not my loss. This isn't for me." I threw the paper away in the waste basket and went back to the room. I closed the door and climbed into bed, cuddling the blanket. I kept crying, and as much as I hated to admit it, it hurt a lot. The bastard died without the least bit of an apology. Son of a bitch.
I was in the same position for hours. When Deejay got home she took a shower then laid down beside me. She hadn't noticed anything, until she asked how my day was and I didn't answer. I laid still, staring blankly at the blank tv in front of me.
"Baabee." She said in my ear.
"Hm?" I said, not turning to look at her.
"So what's wrong?" She asked, pulling me close to her.
I shrugged, "Father died," I sighed.
"Baby, are you okay? You wanna talk about it?"
I just sighed, and shook my head, "I don't even know what's wrong with me," I said turning to her, "I mean I hated him but," I looked up to her, "I don't know.."
"Was still your father, love. Hate or not, you're still affected by him dying." She kissed my forehead and hugged me tighter.
"I hate life." I replied quietly, relaxing into her arms.
I felt her laugh a little, "But I love you."
That made me smile, "I love you more."
"Yeah yeah," she replied.

***

December rolled in quickly. Before I knew it, it was already Christmas break, and things felt better than they did through the whole year. On The first of December, was my asshole of a father's funeral. I attended because Deejay stated it would give closure and I wouldn't regret it. I didn't disagree with her, but I wasn't fully with the idea.
"Are you sure I should go?" I turned back to Deejay, who had on her regular outfit: jeans and a button up.
"Yes. And I don't care if you want to or not, you're going." She went out the bathroom, downstairs.
I sighed, deciding not to argue.
The black fitted thigh length dress, made me feel even more depressed about the event than I already was.
At the funeral, my grandma was glad to see me. She apologized for not taking custody of me when she knew she should have. It made me feel better that someone still wanted me. She told me to come check on her sometimes, it would be greatly appreciated.
"Well I guess I should let you go now." She smiled, but it didn't meet her eyes to the least bit.
"Awwwwh, I'm going to visit you on the day of Christmas. And maybe pay a visit a day sooner, too." She smiled again, this time it met her eyes. I hugged her tightly, before my aunt walked over, and walked my grandma to the car, of course not before tossing a glare my way.
"Well." I said, looking up at Deejay who stood behind me.
"Yeah, I know, I was right." She got in the driver seat of the car.
"Oh, would you shut up." I scrunched my face up in irritation.
"Okay okay, moody." She laughed, she started the car and pulled off slowly in the cemetery.

When we got home that night, I undressed and quickly made my way up under Deejay's arms. She squeezed me before going to sleep, and I sat up, thinking about today. I felt better, yes, but the thought of me having no parents, sucked. But before the thought pulled me all the way down I fell asleep. I woke up the next day feeling way better.