Here and there (O2L Fan fiction)

*Lillie’s P.O.V*

Beep beep

I woke up to the sounds of my alarm clock. I smacked the alarm so it would turn off, and ran my fingers through my messy, brown hair. Here we go for the second semester of senior year.  I pulled myself out of bed, and sluggishly moved over to my wardrobe. After a few minutes of contemplating what I was going to wear, I finally choose a pair of normal, denim jeans, a black crop top and a red flanny, which I tied a bit at the front. For my shoes, I choose a pair of fully black vans, and I didn’t bother with socks. I rolled my jeans up at the bottom.

I made my way over to my makeup station and I applied a minimal amount of makeup. I used mascara, eyeliner and a tiny bit of foundation. I ran a brush through my hair, and put it into a loose, messy bun.

When I was satisfied with the way I looked, I jogged down stairs.

“Hey mom!” I greeted, while walking over to the toaster.

“Hey Lil, did you sleep well?” She asked me.

I nodded my head yes and walked over to the fridge. I grabbed some orange juice out, along with some raspberry jelly.

“Well, I should get going to work” My mom told me. I gave her a hug.

“Have a good day mom” I told her.

*

 I finished breakfast, and grabbed my pre packed school bag. I walked over to my black Mercedes and dumped my bag on the passenger seat. I reversed out of the driveway, going to pick up one of my two best friends Claire.

*

I arrived at Claire’s place and honked the horn. Expecting to see Claire come running out, I saw her mom Shaz come running out instead. I absolutely love Claire’s mom! She’s a hippy; for instance right now she’s wearing black gypsy pants and an oversized rainbow tank. Claire’s a bit the same, absolutely crazy.

“Hey babe! You girls ready for another semester at the hell hole?” Shaz asked me.

“As ready as I’ll ever be!” I laughed.

“Well, I hope you girls have a good day! Claire will be out in a minute, you know what she’s like in the mornings!” She laughed.

“Oh, I know alright!”

Claire stumbled out of the house with a bag twice the size of her. Claire’s a shortass; she’s barely 5’0. Today, she’s wearing high waisted, mustard coloured pants and black crop top with baggy sleeves, which was showing her silver belly ring. She was also wearing her black Doc Martins. Her long, blonde hair that reached her ass was tied into a high pony tail. She was wearing black eyeliner and a lot of mascara, which brought out her pale, blue eyes.

“Hey girl, you ready for school?” Shaz asked Claire.

Claire’s only response was a groan. She managed to climb into the Mercedes.  I went to wave goodbye to Shaz, but she was already hassling the neighbours about spraying their cat Burrito. Yes, they named their cat Burrito.  

*

We were well on our way to school, and we saw our other best friend Sophia riding her pink penny board to school.

*Sophia’s P.O.V*

I stopped skating when I noticed a familiar black Mercedes pull up next to me. I realised that my two best friends were in the car.

“Hey Soph! Want a ride?”

I hesitated at first, knowing that I wouldn’t be getting my daily exercise intake in, but I shrugged and climbed in the back of the black ice scented car. Both of my friends looked amazing! I was wearing my denim overalls, with my white shirt underneath and my white converses to match. My long brown, pink dip dyed hair was loose and wavy. It was flowing down to my lower back.

It was getting pretty warm, so Lil undid the roof and started pumping the tunes. One direction came on and Claire lost it, and started screaming the lyrics to kiss you. It wasn’t long before Lillie joined in. I sighed and went into my own world. I didn’t hate One Direction, but I wasn’t a mad fan like those two. 

When the song ended, we chatted amongst ourselves; mainly about how we hated being single Pringles. We had a little competition between ourselves, to see who could get the first boyfriend.

*

*Claire’s P.O.V*

I got out of the car and threw the bag I hated so much back over my shoulder.

“You right there, gasket?” Sophia asked.

That’s my dreaded nickname. Gasket. It was all because of my dad; yes his just as crazy as my mom. I honestly don’t even know why he called me that. I laughed in response to Soph’s comment. We all headed into the shit hole. I hated it so much, never liked going to school.

We walked over to the hallway were our lockers were allocated. I got to my locker. My lockless locker. I lost the key within the first week of semester one. I dug my bobby pin into the key whole and punched it. The door swung open, per usual.

“What do we have first?” Sophia asked, speaking my thoughts.

“Homeroom, science and art” Lillie said out of an instinct.

It’s always good having a smart friend. I grabbed my stuff and walked to my homeroom. I saw heaps of familiar faces. For once, we were actually on time. We waited outside the class, chatting amongst ourselves. I spotted my homeroom teacher walking to our class.

*

I was sat at a desk, Sophia and Lillie on a desk on each side of me. I noticed how Sophia had already started sketching in her notepad; Lillie was talking to some other girls in the class and I was excited about going home.

The teacher clapped for our attention, and the noise from the classroom suddenly faded.

 “Before I take note of your attendance, the results for the America exchange program have come in!” The teacher exclaimed.

I tensed in my seat. Three people from here (Miami, Florida) would be travelling to California for two months, and three people from Cali would be coming to Miami. I was praying that it would be Lil, Soph and myself. I crossed my fingers under my desk. I glanced at Sophia, who was biting down on her lip and Lillie was sitting there with a blank expression on her face.

“The group on three that will be travelling to California, are…..”