Chapter four

*Sam’s P.O.V*

 We sat there in silence. The only sound was Lillie’s occasional sobbing. It broke my heart to see her like this.

“Hey!” I heard a voice yell.

My attention was turned to Claire, who was standing on top of the oval with Sophia, Kian and Jc. They began making their way down. Lillie wiped the tears that had slipped from her red, puffy eyes.

“What the hell is going on?” Sophia asked, raising her voice a little.

But nobody answered. Lillie began to stand up, she dusted herself off.

“I think we should get going; the teachers are expecting us back by now” Lillie said.

“Um, you’re not going anywhere until you tell me why you were crying!” Claire snapped.

“Crying!? I wasn’t crying. Why would you think I was crying?”

“Nice try love, but your eyes are as red as a tomato, so come with me and tell me why you were crying” Claire said. Attempting to get the information out of her

Lillie refused. She continued walking towards the office, while Sophia and Claire looked at each other with worried looks on their faces.

*Claire’s P.O.V*

I don’t know what the hell happened back there, but I was going to get it out of Lillie. If it’s the last thing I do.

“What do you want to do?” Sophia asked me.

“I have absolutely no idea…” I said as I made my way to the office.

“We need to know what happened” Sophia restated.

*Sam’s P.O.V*

After the tour around the school and the little mishap on the oval, we continued with our normal classes for the rest of the day. I have been trying to make eye contact with her, but she hasn’t returned it. She hasn’t even spoken to the others, not even her best friends. Im so worried, im worried that kiss has changed everything and taken a turn for the worst, what she’s been through seems serious and I can understand why she won’t let me in, but im not going to hurt her. Why would I do such a thing? I can’t help myself I find my eyes focusing on her constantly. She’s amazing.

“Sam! I need you to focus” Mrs Bower yelled

I ignored I didn’t even hear her; I was too focused on Lillie’s beautiful hair. That’s all I could see her back was turned to me.

“Sam, Whats the square root of 69” Mrs Bower asked me with her pointing stick pointed towards me.

“Ahhh…algebra” I responded

Mrs Bowers scolded me for not paying attention. I was told to stay behind after class. See what this girl does to me. Her presence and the fact I can’t have her makes me not think straight. I really need to get her talking to me again.

Days Later

Several days passed. She still spoke to none of us boys but began to open up to the girls. I thought this was a good sign and I thought this would be the time for me to make my move.

“Lillie?” I called her name.

Her head swung around. This was the first time our eyes have met in days.

“Whats up?” She asked, trying to smile. I noticed her lips trembling.

“Do you want to come and sit next to me?” I asked, pointing to the non-occupied desk right next to me.