Chapter fourteen

*CLAIRE’S P.O.V*

“Babe, can you take over? Im really tired” I heard Blake ask.

“You mean, you want me to take over? I don’t know how to drive” I can barely understand what im saying.

“It’s not that hard” He said, while pulling over on the side of the windy road.

I climbed into the driver’s seat, and accelerated the car and sped up. The road seems to be moving sideways.

“Do you have anything else to drink?” I slurred.

“Yeah, in the bag under your feet” He told me.

I rummaged through the bag under my feet, looking for alcohol.

“CLAIRE WATCH OUT!” Blake screamed. I heard a screech of tires and a car came face to face with us, and with that everything went black.

*SHAZ’S P.O.V*

“Hold on Sophia, the phone” I said standing up, and making my way over to the phone.

I notified Sophia and her family to help me find out where Claire could be. I called the police to put in a report for a missing person, but since it hasn’t been over 24 hours yet, they can’t do anything about it.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Hi, is this Sharon Judge?” A monotone voice said through the phone.

“Yes, who’s calling?” I asked.

“We have your daughter here in the hospital; she’s been in an accident. You might want to get down here”

The lady gave me the details, and I raced down to the hospital.

“Your daughters been in an accident, were still not exactly sure how it occurred, but the police are looking into it. She was driving with a boy. The boy got out with minor injuries, but your daughter has slipped into a coma. We’re not sure if she’s going to make it” The doctor told me.

*LILLIE’S P.O.V*

I’ve been trying to get a hold of Claire for a while now, but her phone is just ringing out and going to message bank. I was starting to really panic, I knew she was with Blake; she would have to be with Blake. I immediately scanned Blake’s Facebook profile for any clues on where she could be. The first thing I noticed was that Blake changed his profile picture, his profile picture was a picture of him and a girl, it wasn’t clear whether it was Claire so I clicked and enlarged the photo. It was Claire. It was Claire smoking a ciggy. This is bad. This is really bad. I quickly checked his statuses. Yep, he made one an hour ago; he was at the West Florida Mountain Lodge. Just as I was about to dial Claire mom’s number, she began ringing me. I answered.

“Shaz, I know where Claire is, she’s at-” I began explaining.

“Lillie. This boy she’s been seeing put her behind the wheel of his car to drive, she’s been in a horrible accident and she’s in a coma” Shaz sobbed interrupting me.

“Oh my god, Shaz I’ll be down there soon” I replied quickly before hanging up the phone.

I panicked. I quickly dialled Soph’s number as quickly as I could, I couldn’t stop myself from crying and shaking. Soph picked up the phone, I quickly explained, Soph began crying to a point where I could barely understand her. I told Soph to be ready in ten minutes and I put some clothes on and quickly jumped in my car and drove to Soph’s house.

*

We arrived at the hospital, both shaking and constantly wiping our eyes. We both bolted to ward 7 and tried to find room 89. We found it. All the blinds were drawn and we couldn’t see in. We both panicked, wondering what was going on in there.

“Girls!” A shaky voice called.

We turned around to see Shaz sitting in the waiting room with the reddest puffiest eyes I’ve ever seen. Shaz called us over. We both hugged Shaz and just as both of us had just stopped ourselves from crying, we started again.

“Why can’t we see her” I asked Shaz, in my shaky voice.

“They are running some tests” Shaz explained, trying to hold back the tears.

“What type of tests?” Soph asked, while she dabbed the tears rolling down her cheeks.

“To check if she had any alcohol in her system, mainly for the investigators but they did say that if she had any alcohol in her system it may have been the reason she slipped into a coma, because alcohol calms the body” Shaz began to explain, in a shaky voice while constantly dabbing her eyes.

Just as Shaz finished explaining, the doctors began making their way over to us.

*SHAZ’S P.O.V*

The doctor began walking towards me. I didn’t know what to think.

“Can we please see her?” Sophia asked, wiping her tears once more.

The doctor nodded the ok. I began walking to see her, but the doctor stopped me.

“I’m afraid to say her current condition is really serious, if she doesn’t show any sort of consciousness in the next 7 days, things will be looking downhill from there” the doctor explained.

“How serious is her condition at the moment” I said shaking and wiping my tears.

“Well it is quite serious, she’s suffered many broken bones, including her left wrist and shoulder, she’s broken 3 ribs and her right ankle. Our main concerns at the moment are the broken ribs. We fear that they may have punctured her right lung, although we will have to run further scans” the doctor explained.

“Will she be okay?” I asked, worried while balling my eyes out.

“There are no grantees at this moment. Im so sorry” he told me.

Right there, when he told me that she may or may not make it, I couldn’t control myself. I turned to face away from the doctor as I sobbed into my tissue. Before collecting myself enough for one last question.

“What about the alcohol tests?” I sobbed.

“It is conclusive that she did consume alcohol before entering the vehicle.”

He took a look at his clipboard with the test results on it.

“These results show that she roughly consumed enough alcohol to be equal to drinking 14 vodka shots” he told me.

“Can we continue this another time” I replied, with my emotions uncontrollable.

I walked away back into the waiting room and cried to myself.

*SOPHIA’S P.O.V*

As soon as we got the all clear to go and see Claire we went for it. I walked through the door to find her with an oxygen tube in her mouth and a pulse measurer on her finger. I immediately stood at her bed side with Lillie standing on the other side opposite me.

“Claire, I just wanted to tell you that you will always be my best friend. Although we had a fight about me and Kian and you and Blake, I just wanted to say sorry for all that because that maybe the last time I ever talk to you face to face. Claire you are an amazing girl and I will pray every night that this boy won’t take your life” I tried to continue, but I struggled with the thought of losing my best friend.

Please don’t leave us Claire.