Chapter sixteen

*JC’S P.O.V*

The minute Kian went back into the classroom, I knew that this was my chance to escape and go to the hospital. I stood up and ran to my locker. There is only one hospital relatively close to us, so I will just take my chances and go there. 

I grabbed my bag and I ran. I ran to the hospital. It’s not that hard to get too, It’s quite close to the school actually. When we arrived here, they taught us where some of the common places were, the hospital being one of them. 

The only thing I can think about is Claire, and staying at school isn’t going to help me. I feel like im walking upstream through a current strong enough to pull me under four times over. 

*

Once I arrived at the hospital, my attention immediately snapped to Sophia. I ran through the doors and straight up to her. 

“So Claire is here!?” I asked, fully out of breath. 

“Jc, what the hell are you doing here?” She asked, a little shocked. 

“Nobody knows im here, but I needed to come” I said. 

“Okay, well im not going to make you go back to school now, so follow me” She said. 

I followed her around the hospital that seemed to never end, we finally arrived outside her door. I began to open the door, but Sophia stopped me. 

“It’s not visiting hours yet!” She told me. 

“I don’t care” I said, walking into the room and shutting the door behind me. 

And there she was. Claire, lying right in front of me. With tubes sticking out almost everywhere, with her unconscious and limp body lying in front of me.

I ran up to her, and sat on the chair next to her bed. I put her hand in mind and intertwined our fingers together.

“I know that I never really had the chance to say this, so im going to say it now. I love you Claire, I love you with all my heart. I never told you this because I was waiting for the right moment. I decided I needed to tell you now, because it could be my last chance too. Please come back to us”

“Excuse me sir, you’re not meant to be in here” A nurse said.

“I don’t care, im not leaving” I snapped.

“Then im going to have to call security and you will not be allowed back”

I thought about it for a minute, and I decided that I didn’t want to risk not seeing Claire. I stood up and kissed Claire on the cheek.

“I love you” I said, under my breath and I walked out of the room.

*SOPHIA’S P.O.V*

“Are you crazy?” I exclaimed as Jc walked out of the room.

He didn’t reply, he just sat down on a chair in the waiting room. Lillie walked into the waiting room.

“What’s he doing here?” She asked, pointing at Jc.

“I honestly don’t know, why are you here?” I asked him.

He didn’t reply, he just sat there looking down. I put my arm around him as Lillie came and sat down as well.

“Where is Claire’s mom and dad?” Jc asked.

“Claire only has a mom, her dad walked out a couple years ago. Her mom has gone out to eat, she was here all night. She needed a break” I explained.

“Oh, does Claire have any brothers or sisters?” He asked me.

“Nope, she’s an only child. Claire is her moms everything. It’s harder on her than it is on anyone” I told him.

“That must be hard” He said.

“Yeah, I couldn’t begin to imagine” I said.

There was silence for a couple minutes, apart from the occasional sobs and other hospital like noises.

“How did she get in the accident?” Jc asked, breaking the silence.

Lillie and I shared a glance.

“Blake. He put her behind the wheel of the car when she was drunk. She smashed the car. Blake got out with minor injuries” Lillie explained.

“That son of a bitch!” Jc yelled, making a scene.

“Sit down Jc, there’s nothing you can do” I told him.

He sat down and buried his face into his hands.

“I hate him too, but going after him isn’t going to make Claire any better” I told him.

He nodded in agreement. Shaz walked into the room, her eyes still red and puffy.

“Hey girls, and boy?” She said.

“Yeah, this is Jc. His one of the new boys at school, his good friends with all of us” I told her, standing up to give her a hug. Lillie did the same. Of course, Shaz decided to give Jc a hug too, he looked a little taken back, but he just smiled.

“I’ve heard nothing but good things about you” She told Jc.

“Claire told you about me” He asked, shocked.

“Yes, she talked a lot about you. She said you were a very good friend to her”

For the first time today, I saw Jc smile. He actually smiled, it wasn’t pretend, it was definitely real.

*

We spent most of our time in silence, until we were allowed to visit her. I could feel my phone start ringing In my pocket, Kian’s caller ID came up, I immediately answered, while walking around the corner.

“Kian” I said into the phone.

“Hey baby, how are you?” He said, sounding a little worried.

“Im fine, what’s wrong?” I asked, concerned.

“Arr, have you seen Jc?” He asked me.

“Yeah, his here at the hospital with us” I told him.

I explained the situation to him, and he told me that he would be coming down as soon as he could, he is also going to bring Sam with him. He also told me how Jc reacted to the news in the locker bay.

He must have taken it hard, he obviously has feelings for Claire. I glanced at him from around the corner, his just staring at the ground, obviously lost in thought.

After I hung up with Kian, I walked around the corner and sat back down.

“Guys, you can come in and see Claire now”