Chapter eight

Three Days Later

*Sophia’s P.O.V*

Today was a new day, and I intended on starting fresh. I waited by Kian’s locker, the way he stood up for me is not what a guy would do for a girl he barely knows. I need to get to the bottom of this and fast; before Kian starts thinking that we are something we aren’t. Kian finally arrived, running late and looking as cute as one can be with a massive puffed up cheek and eye.

“Hey Soph, what’s up” he greeted

“Kian we really need to talk, not about you and what you did; about us” I explained.

“Yeah, what about us? We are friends aren’t we?” he questioned.

“I’m starting to get the impression you want to be more that friends...” I said honestly.

*Kian’s P.O.V*

Oh shit. She’s onto me, she knows I like her. Should I deny it? Or should I just be honest? My heart was pounding, I was nervous for what her response might be. I really like her. A lot.

“Well Soph, the truth is I really like you; I like you more than a friend. I want you to be my girlfriend; will you be my girlfriend Soph?” I asked, nervous to what her response might be.

“Oh my god Kian, I thought you’d never ask. The truth is, I have had feelings for you all along too.” She replied

When I heard those words come out of her mouth, I felt like my world had finally come together. I picked Soph up and spun her around. I kissed her and told her I loved her. I put her down and we hugged. Both refusing to let each other go.

“I promise if anyone hurts you, I will protect you my beautiful princess” I promised her

“I love you” she responded, hugging me tighter

The bell rang forcing us to split. I had to visit the nurse to get my bruises treated; I had to see her in class later in the day. But before we went our separate ways for the morning, she kissed my bruises.

“You don’t need the nurse anymore” she said kissing my bruises better.

“I have to go beautiful, but I’ll see you later” I sadly replied.

“I love you baby” she said, while blowing me a kiss and walking to homeroom.

*Sophia’s P.O.V*

I walked to homeroom with huge smile on my face which I couldn’t remove. I arrived late. I swung the door open to find Claire sitting next to Lillie.

“Claire, your back!” I shouted while running to her to give her a hug

We then all sat down while Mrs Bower marked our attendance. Once she was done we chatted amongst one another about the situation which occurred a few days ago. It was a serious topic, one I shouldn’t have been smiling about.

“Why are you all smiley Soph?” Lillie asked out of curiosity.

“Oh, I don’t know” I said, blushing.

“What do you mean you don’t know?” Claire asked.

“Claire, you will not be warned again! Keep your voice down…” Mrs Bower scolded. 

“What do you mean I will not be warned again? I was never warned in the first place” Claire replied.

“Just be quiet, will you!” She snapped at Claire.

Claire sighed and went back to doing her work, and Lillie seemed to forget about the whole situation too. I sighed in relief knowing that I wouldn’t have to tell them the life changing event that happened less than ten minutes ago.