Chapter nine

*CLAIRE’S P.O.V*

I was copying the maths notes off the board and out the corner of my eye I noticed Soph pick up her books and move next to Kian. I watched on closely; careful to not make it obvious. I saw the two of them push their desks closer together and chat amongst the two of them. That chat soon turned into a kiss which turned into another. I can’t believe it, what is she doing? I didn’t say or ask her anything about it during the class, I kept my mouth shut.

*SOPHIA’S P.O.V*

Kian and I had the best time in class today. He is so romantic. We started to pack up our things. I was almost packed, but then some guy in our class bumped me and all my books fell on the floor. I began to bend over to pick them up, but Kian put his hand in front of me.

“I got it babe” he said stopping me

“Thankyou” I replied, with a smile so big I swear it went from one ear to another

As Kian picked up the last book, the final Friday afternoon bell rang. Claire, Lillie and I looked at each other with massive smiles on our faces. It was time for our monthly sleepover, yeah it sounds weird, but they are really fun. The three of us watch movies, talk about boys and eat food; we usually order a pizza just to see the hot Friday night delivery guy.

*CLAIRE’S P.O.V*

Once we reached the shed where our lockers are located, I walked towards Soph’s locker to ask her about what happened in class, but I saw Kian making his way to approach her. I hid behind a massive pole in the middle of the room. I could still see them, so I watched on. Kian hugged her around her waist and they gently rocked side to side in each other’s arms. They spoke for a while, before Kian kissed Soph on her forehead and began to walk away while waving goodbye. I knew she liked him! But why won’t she tell me? I decided to avoid the situation and I got my stuff out of my locker. I then said bye to my other friends before making my way to the front gate. Lillie was already there, probably to avoid Sam.

*SOPHIA’S P.O.V*

We grabbed our school bags and walked to where Lillie’s car was parked. Claire and I jumped in the back seat; Lillie dropped the roof and started pumping the tunes. She dropped Claire and I at my place, considering we live right next door to each other. She went back home to pack her overnight bag. Tonight’s sleepover was at Claire’s place, we all love it at Claire’s; Shaz just makes the whole sleepover that little bit crazier. Shaz is a night owl, she takes us to the 24 hour Target and we go crazy there, we buy chips, candy, movies and fake nails. The last time we went there, we bought a chocolate fountain. Not a good move. We got chocolate everywhere and on top of that, Claire went on a sugar high for the whole night, but it was fun and Shaz didn’t mind. I gathered my stuff and we went to Claire’s.

*

We watched Mean Girls one and two then decided to order a pizza.

Once Lillie and I mentioned domino’s pizza, Claire jumped onto her feet and sprinted to her computer to order the pizza. Claire put in the usual, Hawaiian with a side of Garlic bread, and as usual, she raced back into her bedroom and stared at the domino’s timer.

“Lil, I’ve been meaning to ask you, how’s Sam? Still bothering you?” I asked Lillie

“Yeah he is. It is really bothering me” Lillie responded

“Sam’s not a bad kid; he’s such a little sweet heart. If I was you I wouldn’t even hesitate” I explained

“Well, if he’s such a sweet heart, why don’t you date him?!” Lillie snapped

“See, I would if I wasn’t already dating someone” I explained to the girls

It took a few seconds for them to process what I said before the squealing began.

The squealing was interrupted by Shaz’s voice.

“GIRLS! IM GOING TO THE 24 HOUR FORTUNE TELLER SEE YOU IN A LITTLE WHILE, TRY NOT TO BREAK ANYTHING OR MAKE THE COPS APPEAR AGAIN”

*LILLIE’S P.O.V*                     

“So who is he?” I asked in excitement

“Kian, Kian Lawley” Soph replied

“Soph isn’t that stupid, he’s leaving in like 6 weeks” Claire butted in.

“No, we are going to have a long distance relationship and visit each other as often as we can. I love him and he loves me” Soph replied, offended by Claire’s comment

“Oh my god, you guys would be so cute. Im happy for you babe” I said; trying to break the tension

“I love him so much, he treated me like a princess all day today” Soph told me

“So Claire, you and Jc have been getting kind of close, anything happening between you two?” I asked Claire curiously

“No. I like someone else” she replied sternly

“Who?” Soph and I asked at the same time.

“The Pizza delivery guy, he’s so hot and I hear he just broke up with his girlfriend” Claire explained.

“You barely know him” I replied worried.

“Yeah Claire, you think my relationship is stupid, at least I know the guy” Soph said, attacking Claire.

*ring-a-ding-ding*

“THAT’S HIM, THAT’S HIM” Claire shouted to the sound of the doorbell.

While she sprinted, Soph and I looked at each other worried. Usually Claire and Soph would be looking out for me in situations like this, but I guess now it’s me and Soph looking out for Claire. We caught up to Claire at the door to find the pair kissing, while the pizza and garlic bread is all over the floor.

“OH MAN! I can’t save that pizza now, it’s been more than 5 seconds” I screamed

*SOPHIA’S P.O.V*

I just stood there. I couldn’t believe my eyes. She doesn’t even know him, she doesn’t even know his name, he just goes by “the hot pizza delivery guy” I looked down at Lillie who was trying to recover the pizza and garlic bread remains, and she looked up at me with a disappointed look on her face. We were both worried for Claire, he looks sketchy and unsafe for a girl to be hanging around. I am really worried for Claire. I really am.