Chapter three

*Lillie’s P.O.V*

It was yet again time to leave the house for school. Today being Wednesday, meant that there are only two more days and im done, well until next Monday that is… One thing I do know about school today is that im really not looking forward to it, I mean, I’d rather have a coffee with Shaz or do my two morning periods because if it wasn’t for those stupid boys who won the contest at our school, it would have been me and my friends there in Cali soaking up the sun, rather than showing some exchange students around our shit hole of a school.

*

I shoved my books into my locker and slammed my locker door shut. As I shut the door, Sam’s face appeared behind the locker door. Oh great.

“Hey Lillie, whats wrong? You seem a little angry”

“Sam! Im in no mood”

“Well I can see that…” he replied

*Sam’s P.O.V*

I watched her all morning, she was brewing with anger. Something had really got to her… but the thing is, I didn’t know what. I attempted to ask her but got nothing.  I’ve never had feelings like this for a girl and I can tell there’s something special about Lillie. I struggled to make conversation with her; she’s a hard nut to crack. I saw Kian and JC walking down the corridor.

“HEY KIAN, JC!!  Wait up” I yelled

“HURRY” Kian yelled in response.

I jogged to catch up to them…

*

Once homeroom concluded, the six of us were instructed to meet at the front office, which is where we would begin our tour around the school. Some alone time with Lillie, I hope.  I walked with Kian and Jc till we reached the office; we sat down and waited for the fashionably late girls. Ten minutes later, they finally arrived. I said hello to Lillie, Sophia and introduced myself to Claire.  The other two girls seemed nice, but I tried to focus my attention on Lillie. I headed towards Lillie to start a conversation.

“Hey Lillie!” I greeted, giving her a warm smile.

“Hello Sam…” Lillie sighed.

“What’s wrong with you?” I asked her, concerned.

“What do you mean?” She asked me.

“Well, you’ve been acting a little cold lately…” I told her, nervous to what her reaction would be.

“Like you actually care what im feeling” She laughed.

“Yeah, I do. Why wouldn’t I?”

“Well, for starters… I just met you? And secondly, the only two people that actually care what im feeling are Claire and Sophia” She said.

Lillie stared down at her thumbs, acting as if they were the most interesting thing on the planet. Why would she think that I wouldn’t care about her? I think Lillie would be an amazing person once you get to know her, but I think it’s hard for her to let people in.

“You know, I really do care about you Lillie” I told her.

“Really? What do you know about me other than my first name?”

“Lillie, it’s okay. He won’t hurt you” Sophia told her.

Lillie looked down at her thumbs once again. I sighed, knowing that she probably couldn’t even care less about me. An awkward silence filled the room, Claire started making cat noises. I swear to god, Jc was almost on the ground laughing. They were both cracking each other up. Sophia rolled her eyes, and I even found myself laughing at Claire’s humour.