Chapter two

*Sophia’s P.O.V*

“The group of three that will be travelling to California are…..”

My heart stopped. I wanted this more than anything!

“Noah, Caleb and Ben! Congratulations boys”

My heart dropped. Claire’s head dropped, and Lillie’s response was practically the same. I wanted to go to California more than anything, especially with my two best friends. Oh well, maybe next year.

One week later

*Lillie’s P.O.V*

The week went by quite quickly. Being at school makes me realize how much I miss our vacation. I woke up pretty early, earlier than usual. Mom was still sleeping, and dad left for work earlier. I got changed into my new floral tank top, and paired it with some high waisted, denim shorts. I let my hairs natural waves flow down my back and wore a small amount of makeup. Lastly, I grabbed a pair of my floral TOMS and black thrilly socks.

I decided that I would go to star bucks for breakfast, seeing as I don’t need to give Claire a ride to school, because she will be getting in late. I left a note for mom, and grabbed my school bag and headed out the door.

I got to star bucks and ordered a coffee frappe and a chocolate muffin. I quickly ate my muffin and took my frappe with me. I made my trip to school.

*Sophia’s P.O.V*

I arrived at the school gate. I made my way into the school. Today I was wearing my short, white flowing dress, and my pink glitter high tops. My hair was naturally down and I was wearing minimal makeup. I walked to my locker and prepared for another week.

*

Lunch time finally came around and Claire finally arrived. She was wearing a maroon skater skirt, and a black cross top. She was also wearing a black velvet pair of Doc Martens. I swear this kid has about 20 different pairs of docs.

“Hey guys” She greeted.

We waved at her, and she sat down next to us.

“Did you guys here that there’s going to be an assembly, because the three new kids arrived today?”  Claire asked us.

“No! Does that mean we miss out on class?” I asked. Lillie and Claire both burst out laughing.

“I’m not sure, I guess so” Claire said. 

*Claire’s P.O.V*

We were all directed to go into the stadium. I sat down next to Lil, Sophia next to her. All the seniors were sitting in the stadium, it was really stuffy. Being claustrophobic didn’t help the situation either. I caught a glimpse of three boys whose backs were turned to us. They didn’t look familiar. Im guessing they’re the exchange students.

Mr Waterhouser stepped up to the stand, his all ‘important’ announcement was about to be shared.

“Good afternoon seniors, sorry to interrupt your next class bu-“

Sophia butted in under her breath for the 3 of us to hear 

“No need to be sorry”

“As you all know we ran contests last semester, the American exchange program, 3 students were chosen to attend school in California, these students were Noah Ashton, Ben Tomlinsten and Caleb Diggins, and in return we have 3 new students joining us for the next 8 weeks. Seniors of Mrs Bowers’ class make your 3 new classmates welcome… Justin Caylen, Kian Lawley and Sam Pottorff. Thank you for attending this assembly, classes will now run as normal”