chapter 5 [edited]

It's still August. 

"Cloe, you're pregnant." Those 3 words. Changed. My. life. Forever. How? When? WHY?!

"No. It can't be right. It's NOT right. Please tell me it's not right. Please say it was a mistake and it came back negative. Please say it's a result of a 20 year old beautiful woman with a loving husband and going to be the loving father every kid deserves but some don't get. Just say it was a mistake. It's not real. Please." I pleaded, tears threatening to spill.

"I'm a 14 year old girl. Just now starting 9th grade. I can't be known as the slut who got knocked up by a 16, almost 17 year old at a party!!! Tell me I'm NOT pregnant." I asked while the tears spilled out of my eyes, running down my cheeks only to be met by the floor.

"I'm sorry but it's not a mistake. You're pregnant Cloe. Do you want me to help you tell your mother?"

"Yes please. I need to do it ASAP. I can't hide something like this. Soon I won't be able to hide the perfect round circle and she'll know. Everybody will know. Call her in. Please." I told him, gathering myself. He nodded his head and left the room. I sat back on the bed and looked at my somewhat, flat stomach. It was going to be holding another living, human being in a matter of weeks, might even days. I'll be a mother in the matter of 9 months. There is only one person who is the father. Kyle. Kyle King. The schools quarterback and basketballs best point guard. The schools hottest guy. The schools Mr. Know-It-All. The jock. The player. He plays with a girls heart, leads her on, then breaks your little fragile heart. Or get her pregnant. Just like he did me. I'm going to have to tell him too. The father needs to know. He has a right to know he has a baby. The doctor came in with my mom trailing behind, a worried expression on her face. "Mom?"

"Yes honey?" I busted into more tears. She immediately dropped her stuff and ran over to me burying me in a hug. I know what's going to happen. I'm going to tell her, get disowned, get kicked out and the dad isn't going to want anything to do with me. He's going to bash me in front of the whole school. My brother is going to kill me. I'll have no where left to go. I'll be living on the street. No job. No house. No money. I'll be a hobo. Great. My life was now set. I fucked it all up by one mistake! ONE!!

"Mom. I need you to promise me you won't yell at me. well, at least here in front of the doctor."

"I promise. Cloe you have me worried. What's wrong honey?" She shifted in her chair and started rubbing her feet together. something she only does when she's nervous and scared. She looked between me, my doctor then me again. I looked at my doctor for an approving face or something. I got a small, barely noticeable nod. I turned toward my mother. I gave her a weak smile.

"Mom.....I"m....I'm..." I swallowed the lump forming in my throat.

"I'm pregnant." My mom's face went ghost white, her leg stopped moving. I swear she stopped breathing. She was frozen to her spot. Didn't move a muscle. "Mom?" I asked suddenly worried. She looked at me with anger, sadness and...disappointment in her eyes?

I busted into, yet another stream of tears. My mom got up and hugged me tightly.

"It'll be okay. We have to tell the father though honey."

"Okay. But aren't you going to yell at me or something? I'm a kid myself and I have another kid growing, inside of me. Please don't kick me out. Please"

"I would NEVER put you through what my mother put me through. Whether the father is there for you or not, I am, Yasmine is, and so is your brother. You will be fine. I promise." She kissed my head and the doctor slowly walked out of the room leaving me and my mom.

"Do you want to talk about it right now or later at home?"

"Now. So it's done and over with."

"Alright."