Chapter 21 [edited]

A/N: I'm going to stop putting titles on the chapter soo yeah. I'll let you get back to your reading!

Cloe's POV:

I got up off the couch, reaching over to my phone which was going off. I looked at the caller ID and it read 'Hospital' mom! I slide my finger across the screen and unlocked my phone, answering the call.

"Hello?"

"Hi. Ms. Star. This is the Hospital with your moms blood results."

"And?"

"She. Maybe you should come over to the Hospital."

"Okay? I'll be there in a couple minutes. Thank you."

"Alright bye."

I hung up and left to go get the results.

After getting out of the car I got inside.

"I'm here to find out the test results for Cassandra Star."

"Ah yes. Here she is." The receptionist said.

"And?"

"She has breast cancer."

"W-What?"

"We got the blood work in and we did some more test. She had a lump on her right breast on the right side. We're very sorry. She will have to get treatment for it. Does it run in either family?" The doctor who jumped into the conversation said.

"Not that I know of. Saying as I don't even know my dads side of the family. I barely know my moms. She's an only child. I'd have to ask her mother. But I don't have her phone number." I rambled off stepping backward a little light headed.

"Okay. Do you know what her name is?"

"No I don't. Wait. I think. Maybe Jody?" Then it clicked.

"Jody. She didn't have breast cancer but my great grandmother did because I was 9 at the time when we went to the funeral. Yeah."

"It looks here like it skips every one generation. So your lucky. You don't have it hopefully. Is you baby a girl or boy?"

"Babies. And they are both girls."

"Well since they are I'm guessing twins they may not have it. It's a 50/50 chance." (A/N: idk shit about having twins and dealing with cancer things so sorry if I'm wrong!!)

"Okay thank you. May I go see my mother?"

"Sure. Come on." I followed the nurse as quick as I could, being pregnant and all. We walked up two flights of stairs.

"We moved her to the cancer section of the hospitial. Room 210." I walked in and seen mom flipping through the channels, looking happy and awake. Odd but okay. She looked our way when she heard the door open.

"Honey! Come come. Sit. Your feet must be tired. And your back must be hurting!" I looked at her and smiled.

"Hi mom." I said walking over to her siting down in a free chair next to her bed.

"How do you feel?" By now the nurse had left.

"Great!" She said. I faked a smile. I've gotten so good at that.

"Why are faking a smile? Sweety what's wrong?"

"Mom. Do you know why your in the cancer section of the hospitial?"

"Yes. I have breast cancer. Duh honey. Silly girl." Her face was pale but she was filled with excitement. Weird.

"Don't worry about me honey. I'll make it. I've decided not to die. I promise I won't. I'll fight through this. I'm strong. Hell I raised two kids at 17! On my own! I'll make it, don't you worry."

"I'm staying the night."

"Fine. I don't wanna argue."

"Good." I said yawing. I took out my phone and texted Kyle to let him know. He responded with just a simple. K.

"Elevator buttons and morning air
Strangers' silence makes me wanna take the stairs

"If you were here we'd laugh about their vacant stares
But right now, my time is theirs

Seems like there's always someone who disapproves

They'll judge it like they know about me and you

And the verdict comes from those with nothing else to do
The jury's out, but my choice is you

So don't you worry your pretty little mind

People throw rocks at things that shine

And life makes love look hard
The stakes are high
The water's rough
But this love is ours."

My mom started singing ours by Taylor swift. It was me and moms song since I was 5. I fell asleep shortly after that.

Authors Note:

Soo there!! for those who are confused she is 5 months and 3 weeks along with her pregnancy! I figured it out. I'm going to try to make things go fast but it's hard. I'm thinking I might make a sequel to this!! So BE PREPARED MY MONKEYS!! Bye guys! 🙉

I love you all (nohomo)

Xx-Brooklynn(: