Chapter 22 [edited]

Kyle's POV:

Last night at around 5 pm I got a text from Cloe saying she was staying with her mom. I know about her mom being in the hospitial but I don't know what for. That's what I'm about to find out. I got out of my car and walked up to the receptionist. She was typing away on a black keyboard. Her long red nails flying. Her blonde hair was pulled back into a messy bun. She looked tired and exhausted, like she'd been here all night. She was wearing red scrubs.

"Hi." I politely said.

"Hello. May I help you?" She asked. She had a smile plastered across her face and her voice sounded stuffed up and her eyes were all puffy like she had been crying.

"What room is Cassandra Star in?"

"2nd floor room 210."

"Thank you." I walked up the two flights of stairs and down the long hall to room 210. I turned the knob and walked in on a sleeping Cloe and Cassandra lightly brushing her hair soothingly. It looked so cute.

I walked over to them unnoticed and slid my phone out. I snapped a picture and sent it to Cloe. Her phone started making noises signaling she had a text. She stirred then woke and didn't see me then checked her text. I had the picture and "look up." In the text. She smiled and did what the text said.

"Hey."

"Hey sweety. Cassandra." I nodded in her direction.

"Hi." Her voice sounded raspy. Wait. Aren't we in the cancer section?

"Cloe? May I speak to you in private. Please?"

"Sure." She got up and followed me out side the door. Her hair was in a bun, her eyes dull. Her face pale and her eyes red and puffy. She had been crying for sure.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Mom....breast cancer." She managed to get out Inbetween sobs. I shoved her into a hug and held her. We fell to the ground. Me just holding her. I'm not going to lie. I shed a few tears too. I'm cheering Cloe up one way or another. After she stopped crying I heard soft snores coming from her. I gently picked her up and a helpful nurse came and opened the door.

"I'm taking her home okay?" I told Cassandra.

"Okay." After hearing her answer I shut the door gently and started walking down the hall. I decided to take the elevator. After getting off I laid Cloe in the back seat and started home.

After getting her home I laid her softly on the bed and she curled up with my pillow. I heard her breathe in deeply. I smiled at her and went to get water to drink. By now it was 9 pm so I decided I should go to sleep. I crawled into bed and slowly fell asleep with my arm around Cloe.

Authors note:

I UPDATED TWICE IN ONE NIGHT!! WHOHOO! 1 point for me! anyway I thought I should for the lack of updates! Sorry if its a shitty chapter. I'm tired. I woke up this morning at 6 am. Went to basketball practice and then school. Then had PE last hour then came home. I'm just really tired. So imma goo!! bye!! love you all! (Nohomo)

Xx-Brooklynn<3