07 // RAISING THE BET

"You're a liar," Lincoln scoffed and started towards the door.

"Blue," I frowned, "help me"

He rolled his dark eyes and as Lincoln opened the door, a huge gush of wind pushed her back in and slammed the door closed.

"Ooh, wind. So magical," Lincoln said.

"Link," I groaned, "you're supposed to be excited that Northrun is finally cool. You're ruining the fun of it"

"You need to go and see a psychiatrist because you, and you, are imagining things," she huffed as she pointed at me and Blue. Next to me, Blue sighed.

"I think Orlando should feed on her."

"What?!" I screamed.

"Or we could just leave her and she'll think you're crazy," he shrugged.

"Not think, know," Lincoln added. I looked at her angrily.

"Fine."

Without having to call for him, Orlando appeared at the top of the stairs with a grin on his lips.

"This is what I live for," he chuckled as he all but flew down the stairs and grabbed Lincoln's shoulders.

Lincoln, who was still firmly denying any of this, looked up at him in shock.

"I don't think you want to look," Blue said quietly and I quickly squeezed my eyes shut.

I heard Orlando make a small growling noise, and Lincoln gasp. I heard his teeth pierce her skin and then... Nothing.

I opened my eyes slowly after a few more seconds, Lincoln had blood smeared across her cheek and she was staring forward with a blank look in her eyes.

"If Vampires feed a human their blood, anything within reason will be cured," Blue explained to me.

"Then what's wrong with her?" I asked.

"Orlando's blood is... Different."

"Different how? Is she going to be okay?"

"She'll be fine in a few minutes," Orlando rolled his eyes at me. "She's just a little bit paralyzed at the moment."

***

"So let me get this straight," Sheriff Pearl huffed at Lincoln, Blue and I. "You let Blue borrow your car, and he crashed it?"

"Yes, mum," Lincoln nodded, "but Blue can't be blamed because it was my fault for trusting him."

"And my fault that he crashed" I added.

"Tell her why," Blue smirked at me.

"Because I think Blue is very attractive and I was trying to get his attention," I told Sheriff Pearl robotically. She groaned and dragged a hand down her face.

"Well firstly, Lincoln you're grounded," Sheriff Pearl said. "Alex... You're grounded too."

"What about Blue?" I checked.

"Nothing," She shrugged, "by the sound of it, you two are the source of the problem."

"But mum," Lincoln tried. "Surely Blue is a bad example if he took us without asking you."

"I really don't care Lincoln," she said. "I'm just glad that you're all okay."

"Well, if that's all Sheriff?" Blue asked. She nodded and he got to his feet. As he started to leave, there was a knock on the door.

"That'll be Tom," the Sheriff admitted. "Could you let him in on your way out Blue?"

"Mhmm," he hummed.