29 // SLEEPOVER

"Were you interrogated?" Jones smirked as I tried to eat my oatmeal. "Did an agent threaten you?"

"No, Jones," I huffed. "I was asked a few questions, I answered them honestly an I was allowed to leave."

"Is Lincoln still there?" Dad asked.

"Mhmm," I sighed, "they still need to ask her some questions."

"How long will it take?" He checked.

"At most another day," I shrugged, "but Sheriff Pearl is losing her shit because unlike me, Lincoln is a minor and to ask her anything she has to be there."

"What did they want to know?" Jones asked.

"I'm not allowed to say," I shrugged. Agent Delany told me that. I was the only one told about Tommen's death and was entrusted with keeping it a secret just until they prove that it isn't anyone I know personally.

"Man, Harley would have loved seeing you get taken away," Jones chuckled and it hurt me physically. Harley was really the only friend that Jones had. Sure, he now had the Black Dusk Pack but Lilith was trying to steer him away from them. "Has he sent Aunt Debby and Uncle Holden any mail?"

"Not that I know of," dad answered. "Don't worry, he's just settling in. You'll be getting some mail from him soon."

"I just think that it's unfair that he sends Alex a present, but not me a single letter," Jones whined. I left the room, because hearing Jones upset about Harley made me upset.

I kicked the door to my bedroom open, and it led into the hallway.

I blinked and looked around in confusion. I was in my bedroom now. I hadn't walked in yet, had I?

You're not crazy.

"I'm not crazy," I nodded and closed the door again. I had just had a little brain fuzzy, that was all. I'd walked in and turned around to close the door, but forgot if walked in.

That was what happened.

But when I looked at the alarm clock, it was nine at night... The next day.

My alarm clock was wrong, Jones must be trying to prank me. Although, it's typically not pitch black at one in the afternoon.

I took a deep breath and climbed out of my window. If it really was tomorrow, Blue would be home. Agent Delany assured me that all three of them would be released by tomorrow.

I hesitated on Blue's porch, because I wasn't sure if I wanted to know if I was really missing such a large amount of time.

I took another deep breath and knocked.

I waited.

I knocked again when there was no answer.

When I was sure no one was home, I smiled to myself. What I was sure happened now, was that I went into my room and fell asleep. While I was asleep, Jones came in and messed with my alarm clock.

I nodded at my own ingenious, and turned to walk away. But as I did, the door opened.

"Alexander?" Blue mumbled. I looked over my shoulder at him and he wasn't wearing a shirt and his hair was messy, as though he'd been asleep.

"Oh god," I breathed.

"What's wrong?" Blue frowned. I didn't want to tell Blue what was wrong, and I didn't know why. Instead, I turned around and threw my arms around his neck. I expected him to push me away with a snide remark, but Blue hugged me back. "Alexander, you can tell me what's wrong."