EPILOGUE

I watched as Magdalen walked down the aisle in a white dress that clung to her body until it reached her thighs, then flared out at the bottom. 

She looked gorgeous.

Jones was standing up at the alter with the biggest, goofiest grin that I'd ever seen him have. He was wearing a black and white tuxedo, but he had a stupid top hat on his head. That was Harley's idea. My mother had tried to convince him to take it off, but my dad encouraged it and said it added character. 

Marigold was Magdalen's maid of honor, but she did not look impressed as she stood beside Desire and Aria. I had seen her sneakily drinking alcohol at the reception, and when I asked her what her problem was she just shrugged. 

Harley was obviously Jones' best man. He stood there with a matching top hat as grin as Jones. It was strange how alike they looked, considering they were only cousins and Harley was supposed to look more like Blue than himself. 

Magdalen finally made it to Jones, and the minister began the ceremony. Next to me, Blue leaned into me and I rested my head on his shoulder. I liked being this close to Blue, because with my heightened hearing I could hear his heart beating. 

Mine didn't do that anymore. 

"Are you hungry?" He whispered. 

"No," I answered. "I want to watch my brother get married."

Blue laughed quietly, and kissed the top of my head. 

"You my now kiss the bride."

As Jones kissed Magdalen, everyone started cheering. I could hear my mother over all the noise, which made me laugh. 

At the wedding after-party, Blue and I sat at our table waiting for the newly weds. Blue had gone to get me food, but I didn't want to eat this. He knew what I wanted, and the fact that I was craving it started making him twitchy. 

"Alexander," he muttered and looked around to make sure no one was looking, "we can leave now and get you something to eat on our way out of town."

"It's fine," I shrugged, "I can last a few more hours."

He gave me a disapproving look, but I ignored him. Over on the dance floor, I could see Harley and Aria dancing. My mother and Sheriff Pearl were dancing too. It was quite funny watching them dance, because both of them only knew dance moves from the eighties.  

"Hey Alex."

I looked over and Lincoln had taken a seat next to me. 

"Lincoln," I gasped. It had been almost three months since Kaiser was killed, and I was nearing the end of my transition. However, Lincoln and Orlando had been missing since that night. No one, not even Jones, was expecting them back tonight of all night. 

Lincoln had changed a lot more. She had a rounded face the last time I saw her, but now her chin was pointed and her cheekbones were protruding out of her skin. She looked hollow, like she didn't have a soul, but then she flashed me one of her smiles and her eyes looked like they'd been kissed by the sun. 

"Vampire suits you well," she complimented me. 

"Where's Orlando?" Blue asked her. 

"I think he's going to see Aria," Lincoln answered and turned to me. "Want to dance?"

I nodded and followed her to the dance floor. 

"Where have you been Link?" I checked. 

"Renee was the first person that Orlando turned," she explained and took my hands in hers, "so he always felt closer to her. Her death affected him a lot more than anyone saw, so when I heard that Kaiser was dead and it was all over I took him to recuperate him... In a sense."

"You are so caring," I teased and she laughed. 

"So what's it like?" Lincoln asked. "Being a Vampire I mean."

"Because my sire is dead, I don't have a connection with anyone," I sighed. "It's a bit lonely. But Blue is always there."

"Shit," Lincoln scoffed. "I should have been here."

"Don't worry about it," I smiled at her and span her around. Lincoln laughed, and did the same for me. Then, the doors opened and Jones and Magdalen walked into the hall. I noticed Lincoln holding her breath, and I knew she was nervous about Jones seeing her. 

Instantly, he laid eyes on her and from over here I heard his heart skip a beat. 

"He hates me," she muttered, "he is going to kill me."

"Jones doesn't hate you," I rolled my eyes, "he missed you."

She nodded and took a deep breath. 

"I should go and congratulate him," she said. 

"You should," I agreed. 

"Or... He could come to me," she frowned. I looked over and Jones was on his way over. Lincoln went to say something, but before she could Jones had thrown his arms around her. 

"Where the hell have you been?" He demanded and let go of her.

"Congratulations," she smiled at him. 

"Thanks," he smirked. "Like my hat?"

"It makes you look very dapper," she told him. 

"Dapper," Jones clicked, "that's the word I was looking for. I'll be back, I need to go and tell my wife that word." 

He hurried away and Lincoln and I laughed. 

"I'd hate to cut in," Blue said and held his hand out for me, "but can I have this dance?"

"You can," I grinned and took it. He lead me away from Lincoln. He put one hand on my waist and held the other in a kind of ballroomesque manner, even though a shitty pop music was playing. 

"Renee taught me how to dance," Blue admitted and started swaying me in completely different times to the music. 

"She must have been a good teacher," I smiled. Blue sighed and looked around. 

"I hate weddings," he muttered. 

"Wow, someone must have called the fun police," I scoffed. He rolled his eyes at me and span me like Lincoln had. "As much as I love my brother, I'm hungry. So, I guess it would be okay if we left early."

"That's the attitude I'm looking for," he smirked and walked over to our table. He grabbed my bag for me and escorted me back to our houses. In the three month since Kaiser's demise, the F.B.I had left Northrun.

But not before a single house was purchased in the name of Delaney. 

Blue opened the passenger door to his car for me and I slid in. When Blue started the car I did my seat belt up and leaned back in my chair. 

"Are you ready Alexander?" He smiled at me. 

"I'm ready Blue," I answered. Blue laughed and pulled out of the driveway. I still hadn't been out of Northrun in the three months. This was going to be my first time leaving since my seizure, all that time ago. 

If I had a heartbeat, this would be the time when it started picking up. The border started getting closer and closer, and I wound down the window.

"What are you doing?" Blue frowned as I started pulling myself out of the window.

"Relax," I ordered him, "I'm immortal now."

"Be careful," he snapped. I got up on the roof of Blue's car, staying on my hands and knees for a moment before standing up completely and throwing my arms out. I felt my breath getting heavier as the border came up, then as the car passed over it the heaviness disappeared immediately. 

And that was it.

The whole mess with Kaiser was over, and the next part of my life could begin. 

And the next part of my life involved Blue and finding his father.