21 // PLANS REVEALED

I still wasn't entirely sure what was happening, but Blue was furious and Lincoln looked guilty and Orlando was being uncharacteristically quiet.

"You are about to ruin everything," Blue hissed, "and for what? We are here to protect the Anchor. If the Anchor is destroyed then  we can leave. You can go back to Amalia, or Grace or whoever the hell you were with before we came here. We have a single job to do, that's all this is. You need to-"

"So Alex?" Orlando scoffed. "She's just a playmate until we find a way to move the Anchor out of her?"

"What?"

As though they'd forgotten that Lincoln and I were in the room, both of them turned to look at us in shock.

"What is he talking about Blue?" I frowned. He looked at me, his golden eyes smothering me until I was extinguished.

"What did you think would happen?" Blue muttered. "I'm here to protect the Anchor, not mess around with some girl that nobodies ever heard of."

"Hey," Lincoln huffed. "Don't talk to h-"

"Shut up," He snarled at her. "Shut the fuck up. You need to leave, and if I find you back here again then I will fucking hex you."

"Blue," Orlando snapped.

"You can get out too!" He yelled. "I fucking mean it this time Orlando."

I didn't wait around too long. Why would I when Blue admitted that he was working tirelessly to rid himself of me. I didn't wait for Lincoln, who I suspected was sleeping with Orlando. In fact, I didn't care what was happening with Lincoln.

I opened the door to my house and was immediately hit with the sound of laughter. The loudest being male. When I peeked around the corner, Jones was sitting at the table with Lilith, my mum and Eve. All of whom were laughing without a care in the world.

I hid behind the wall and took a deep breath. I didn't want to talk to any of them, mostly Lilith. All I felt like doing was sleeping. Being stared straight in the eyes and basically being told that you're a burden really takes it out of you.

I looked longingly down the hallway towards my bedroom door and no matter the slim chances, I made a silent dash forwards. I closed my door as silently as I could behind me to avoid letting them know I was home.

I looked at my bed, and it was still covered in Blue's blood. I sighed and started pulling all of the bedding off.

***

I looked around in shock and frowned. I was sitting at the table, with my father in front of me. I could hear some more laughter, but I couldn't tell exactly where it was coming from.

"Alexander," my father huffed.

"W-What?" I stammered and he rolled his eyes.

"I asked you if you were doing anything tomorrow," he said.

"I'm not sure," I yawned and rubbed at my eyes. "Why?"

"I'm going to Gregory County," he told me. "You can come if you want."

"I would love to," I smiled. Then I remembered that I couldn't leave Northrun. "I would love to, but I'm going to be hanging out with Blue tomorrow. I promised him that we would watch some movies."

"I thought you weren't into Blue," he pursed his lips at me.

"I'm not," I said quickly, "we're just friends."

"Didn't he leave?" Dad rose an eyebrow.

"Byron," Mum sighed. "She's tired. Look at how red her eyes are."