13 // BANSHEES AND GOODBYES

Blue and I had still been arguing out in the street, and we'd been so wrapped up in it that we didn't realise we had an audience.

Someone cleared their throat, and I snapped my gaze over to them. It was a woman, with curly black hair and dark skin. She was tall, even taller than Blue, and stared at us with pitch black eyes.

Like seriously, her eyes were completely black.

I took a step closer to Blue, and he just stared at her.

"What are you doing here?" Blue asked calmly. I knew that the real question was, are you here to help us, or kill us?

"That's my friend that you just dragged away" the woman said and her voice was thick and stern. It scared me even more.

"Well your friend was trying to kill me" Blue told her, as if it justified everything. "The same thing will happen to you if you don't leave"

The woman laughed, and as she tilted her head back I saw that she wore a choker with a moon pendant.

"I know who you are, young Witch" The woman said and Blue flinched. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a light.

I turned a little to get a better look at it and I was right, it was a little, floating, white light.

Wren.

I turned back around to look at the woman again, but tugged on the sleeve of Blue's sweater. He ignored me, and continued glaring.

"I know what you're protecting as well" she smirked and her eyes flickered to me. "You almost look normal, Anchor"

I felt a lump in my throat, and I wanted her to stop looking at me. It was like I was staring into an endless abyss.

But it was fine, because Wren was here and Wren would save us.

It wasn't until I felt little shocks run up my spine that the thought occurred to me, the thought that it might not have been Wren.

As I heard crackling coming from behind me, Blue swivelled around and I heard him breath in sharply.

Before I knew it, Blue shoved me away from him and a bone chilling 'crack' filled the air, like a whip.

"Blue!" I cried as he toppled to the floor.

"Hmm" the woman hummed. "That wasn't hard"

I knelt by Blue, and shook him a little. He was unconscious though.

"It's no use, Anchor" She told me and strutted towards us. "He's pretty much dead already"

"Get away!" I shouted at her. She stopped and laughed a little.

"I have specific orders to leave you alive" she said. "But hurting and killing are different, so I'm warning yo-"

"Kill me then!" I shrieked. "Or hurt me! Do whatever you want to do because you are not getting to Blue without going through me"

The woman looked taken aback at first, like she didn't expect it. Probably because I was just a normal human.

But she stepped back, and I thought she was going to leave. But then she let out the loudest scream I had ever heard. I don't even think it was a scream, it physically hurt me.

I covered my ears with my hands and squeezed my eyes shut. She didn't stop for an hour, or that what it felt like at least.

When she did and I pulled my hands away, they were stained with blood. I looked up at her in shock, and she had a smug look on her face.