18 // BLOOD MAGIC

"Do you think I should repaint my room?" I asked Lincoln as we laid on my bed and stared at the roof.

"Why would you want to repaint your room?" She scoffed.

"I don't know," I sighed. "I just... I want something new in my life."

"Where would you get the paint from?" She checked.

"Gregory Co- Oh," I frowned, "I guess I can't do that then."

"I could get you some paint," she said, "just give me a color and I'll go and get it for you."

"You're my only friend Lincoln," I rolled my eyes, "what would I do while you were gone? I'll probably send Jones later."

"Speaking of Jones, where is he?" Lincoln asked.

"I don't know," I pursed my lips and tried to think, "I haven't seen him for like... two whole weeks."

"Well, I haven't seen him and obviously Harley has been occupied with little miss Vampire down there," Lincoln said. "So-"

"Do you know what this means?!" I grinned and sat up. She rolled her eyes but smiled. "Let's go on an adventure!"

"Get your journal then," she laughed. I went to get up and find it, but then I remembered.

"Oh," I blinked, "that color has it."

"Why does Blue have it?" She frowned.

"Remember the wolf?" I asked and she nodded. "Yeah, well his name is Sherlock and he is a magic wolf that can talk. But that's besides the point. Sherlock is a protection charm that Blue put on me and that day at the lake with the Sirens he turned up. I left my Exploration Journal there and Sherlock must have taken it back to Blue. So Blue has it."

"How do you know that?" She rose an eyebrow at me. Instantly, I regretted bringing it up.

"We're forgetting about the adventure at hand," I said quickly. "We have to go and find Jones."

"Hmm," she hummed and eyed me out. She didn't push the conversation further though, and she got to her feet. When we came downstairs, Harley and Aria were obviously gone. Lincoln grabbed a bag of chips before we left, and I pulled on my rain boots.

It was still raining, but it wasn't as bad as it was when I had kissed Blue.

Kissed Blue.

Could I even call it that?

"So where do you think he would be?" Lincoln asked.

"I know he was been interested in the Werewolves," I shrugged, "because he was there when Harley was bitten. He might be there."

"It's a start," She agreed. As we started walking towards Desire's house, we heard a car coming up the street. "Oh my god. That's Tommen's car."

Without hesitation, I grabbed Lincoln's arm and yanked her against the fence. Tommen's car came to a screeching halt in front of Lincoln's house and he got out of the car in a flash. He had an angry look on his face as he stomped up the path and kicked the door open.

"Lincoln!" He yelled through the house and next to me, she froze.

"He's come to kill me," she whispered, "or take me back and experiment on me."

"No," I disagreed quietly. "He's here to warn you. The FBI wants you, he's going to save you."

"Then why are we still hiding?"

Tommen came back out of the house and instantly, his eyes landed on us.

"You're coming with me," he told her calmly. She shook her head frantically, and before either of us could do anything Tommen pulled out a gun. "I don't want to hurt you Lincoln. Just get in my car, and I'll take you to my boss. He just wants to ask you some questions."