14 // CAMPING TRIP FOR ONE

I sighed and looked around Blue's room again. I don't know why, but I'd expected his room to be clean. But there were books stacked up on his nightstand and bedside tables, his bed was unmade and clothes thrown carelessly all over the floor.

The way he'd left it looked like he was going to come back, and I really wanted him to... But I didn't at the same time.

It had been almost a whole week since he left, and literally nothing had happened. I still hadn't seen Renee, apparently she was in some forest camp with Wren. Harley and Aria were still sticking close together, which Blue said would happen. Jones was still a smart ass, Lincoln was still... Lincoln. Despite being a Witch.

It was nice.

There were no Wargs, or Banshees, or Griefs or Pulses, as Blue had called them.

It was just Northrun.

But at the same time, it was depressing. I was an all magical Anchor, the tie between good and evil, and I was sitting in the room of a Witch who has left because it's what's 'best for me'.

What does that even mean?!

I sighed again and laid back on Blue's bed. Blue's room was so dark. The walls were black, and he had these heavy curtains that blocked out any light.

His bed spread was black, the clothes on the floor were black, everything was black.

I brushed my hand over the sheet and rolled onto my stomach. Blue's sheet wasn't a sheet... If that made sense.

I mean, he had a sheet and then had a blanket over the sheet- two sheets basically. But the blanket was so fluffy and soft and warm.

When is first sat on his bed, I expected it to be made of stone or something. But it was comfier than my bed, and my bed was stuffed with duck feathers instead of springs.

I sighed for a third time and dropped my head onto the blanket.

Why did I miss Blue so much?

He was a jerk to me, and the last thing he did was tell me that the world depended on me, and I was being stupid.

But there was just this emptiness inside me that had never been there before.

I didn't like Blue, I was happy that Blue left Northrun... Or was I?

I dragged myself up the bed, rested my head on his pillows and stared up at the ceiling... But there'd was something hard under it.

I sat up again and picked the pillow up. Underneath was a small, black, leather book. I frowned and opened it.

I arrived in Northrun almost three weeks ago, and it's such a boring little place. Perfect for a Supernatural Apocalypse.

I should have put it down.

I should not have kept reading.

Because I'd stumbled across Blue's diary... Or journal... Whatever boy's called them.

I quickly shut the book, and I put it back underneath the pillow where it remained for another three seconds.

The neighbour is weird, Alexander. That's what Aria said her name was. She came to my door and started asking me all these weird questions.

I could do without her annoyance though, because Orlando is getting hungry and the hungrier that he gets, the angrier he gets. I can't go a single day without arguing with him.

My dad would be so embarrassed if he saw me... But I'm doing the best I can. I can't use Blood Magic, I won't use Blood Magic.

I closed the book again and bit my lip. If anyone caught me with this? They would know I had been snooping. I wasn't sure when Aria or Orlando would be getting back, but I really wants to read this...